Harry Reid proposes to make Straw Purchases illegal!

Ben Cartwright SASS

NES Member
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/us/politics/senate-democrats-to-renew-push-for-gun-control-measures.html?_r=2

Harry Reid has proposed a law that would make straw purchases illegal. Hmmm, I thought they already were? Of course if you can have two laws that say the same thing then the criminals will be doubly sure to obey them!

Also he claims that so far this year there have been 200 mass shootings of little kids in schools in this country. I would put the quote in but the admins here delete posts with quotes.

How come we haven't heard of any of these mass shootings? I haven't heard of a single one, unless you count Oregon but those weren't what I call little kids.

Admins don't delete posts with quotes. They delete posts that have the entire article.

If you have a link and a quote, you are fine.

Anyone got stats on how many of these killers got their guns through the "gun show loophole"? They seem to have a real hard-on about this lately.

So he's going to make a straw purchase even more illegaler? [rofl]
Shhhhh..... No one tell them it is already illegal. I am okay with them making the same law again. They will think they have done something and will also have had less time to actually make new laws.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Shhhhh..... No one tell them it is already illegal. I am okay with them making the same law again. They will think they have done something and will also have had less time to actually make new laws.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Never thought of it that way! Everything they do is for sound bites and that gives them the sound bite and doesn't impact us at all.

Guns and Drugs

There are people who say we need to legalize all drugs such as heroin and cocaine, since the war on drugs has failed. If we make them legal that will stop the violence and save money.
Now they are saying we have to ban guns to end the violence. As we all know that won't stop the violence so eventually after they are banned and the violence continues or gets worse there will be calls to legalize all guns as a way to stop the gun violence...

More proof that Washington or for that matter Congress is so disconnected from the real wold...STRAW PURCHASES ARE ALREADY ILLEGAL you senile old coot!

These clowns care more about their insider trading deals than anything...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/u...renew-push-for-gun-control-measures.html?_r=2

Harry Reid has proposed a law that would make straw purchases illegal. Hmmm, I thought they already were? Of course if you can have two laws that say the same thing then the criminals will be doubly sure to obey them!

Also he claims that so far this year there have been 200 mass shootings of little kids in schools in this country. I would put the quote in but the admins here delete posts with quotes.

How come we haven't heard of any of these mass shootings? I haven't heard of a single one, unless you count Oregon but those weren't what I call little kids.

Reid has been punched in the head too many times. Here is the quote:

At a news conference on Wednesday, the Senate Democratic leader, Harry Reid of Nevada, said his colleagues were eager to tighten gun laws and address the recent shootings.

“Think about what’s happened so far this year,” Mr. Reid said. “More than 200 mass killings, 48 schools we’ve had mass killings of little kids, including the students at the college in Oregon. So we’re going to move forward.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/u...renew-push-for-gun-control-measures.html?_r=2

Dirty Harry and all of the Dems know what the laws on the books are! They are just grandstanding on this issue to help their 2016 chances to distract the American public from the $hitty economy, record deficits, $18.5T (and growing) debt, the re-active disjointed foreign policy, etc, etc that their party has brought to this once great nation.

Oh yea, and this a-hole nearly started the next American revolution trying to pull another Waco on a rancher in NV all so that he could make some $$ on that land in NV.

Anyone got stats on how many of these killers got their guns through the "gun show loophole"? They seem to have a real hard-on about this lately.
Must be a lot since Blumenthal has statistics that show 15,729 guns "that should not have been sold were sold under the 72 hour NICS "loophole". I'm not sure how many were sold by the hoards of "unlicensed" gun dealers at these darn gun shows.

Must be a lot since Blumenthal has statistics that show 15,729 guns "that should not have been sold were sold under the 72 hour NICS "loophole". I'm not sure how many were sold by the hoards of "unlicensed" gun dealers at these darn gun shows.

These a-holes just make numbers up and pull them straight out their arses, don't they?

Dirty Harry and all of the Dems know what the laws on the books are! They are just grandstanding on this issue to help their 2016 chances to distract the American public from the $hitty economy, record deficits, $18.5T (and growing) debt, the re-active disjointed foreign policy, etc, etc that their party has brought to this once great nation.

I think you're right. The SHEEP don't know it's illegal and he's playing to his audience.

Hey Shit for Brains Harry, someone already beat you to it...straw purchases are already illegal. What a friggin' doofus [sad2]

Even if Obama passes some EO on this (all this mumbling of bullshit about "straw purchases" ) even the ATF offices are going to be like...

"Wait, so they're telling us.... to enforce stuff... that's already illegal?"

ATF be like:

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if Obama passes some EO on this (all this mumbling of bullshit about "straw purchases" ) even the ATF offices are going to be like...

"Wait, so they're telling us.... to enforce stuff... that's already illegal?"

ATF be like:

Enforce stuff???

Obamas Justice Department is suing states for enforcing immigration laws.

Now Obama wants to make new laws about things he wants to enforce which there are already laws for.

meth-lab-dog.jpg

BLACK LABS MATTER!!!!

black_labs_matter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh yea, and this a-hole nearly started the next American revolution trying to pull another Waco on a rancher in NV all so that he could make some $$ on that land in NV.

People are too stupid to know laws already exist against straw purchases and the media won't be honest enough to call them out.

see, this is a huge part of the problem. There are so many laws already on the books surrounding gun control that the idiots that be can't even keep up. So more useless laws without any enforcement whatsoever seems to be their mantra.....the media sells it and sheep keep buying it.

If I order 1 pizza from the same pizza place and then don't like how it's taking so long to make the 1 pizza, I then will order a 2nd pizza hoping that pizza comes faster then the 1st pizza. That's about as rational as Harry Reid's thinking regarding this. We could strip away all of the MA state gun laws that regulate our LTCs and purchasing of firearms and rely on the current federal and state laws regarding guns and actually enforce them.. Of course lets just add more laws. It's all about saying hey look I am doing something.

When the gangsters carry "illegal" high capacity not preban stuff now even S&W 2nd and 3rd generation handguns including Glocks with 30 round magazines.... I get angry I can't legally have that stuff. But someone who doesn't even work and deals drugs and doesn't pay all the taxes I do gets all this!

What is sad is that I brought 10 round magazines for my S&W 6906 which holds 13 rounds of 9 mm and 15 rounds of 9 mm with the mag baseplate adaptor from the 5906. Just incase someone gets sneaky and passes a 10 round mag ban. All of my high capacity stuff is preban.

At that point I will probably just buy an M&P like everyone else..

See picture below this is stuff minus the high point and the unknown 2 guns on the top Left of the photo I can't id those are all decent guns.
36534921cd7c984d8274fc8166a5c427.jpg

Back
Top Bottom