• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harris or Atlas

I dont, i know thats PRS sacrilege, but i want solid, low profile mounting, especially on my go fast SPR/SR25 gassers. I dont need to take it off.
I was eyeing Larues custom Harris which keeps a lower profile, but for the price I could stick a normal Harris on all my rifles

you really wanna carry that weight all around? what practical benefit is has over just some rag wrapped around the handguard and some nearby rock used for a gunrest?
Well, if that "preloading the legs" (fore'n'aft) deal is A Thing,
that's not something a rag on a rock can do.
If.
Amirite?

you really wanna carry that weight all around? what practical benefit is has over just some rag wrapped around the handguard and some nearby rock used for a gunrest?

I mean its not THAT heavy, if i take it off when i actually need/want it its not gonna be there its gonna be in the top flap of my ruck and i probably wont use it, so im still gonna carry the f***er but then probably not use it. My rifle balances quite nicely as it sits, most people when they pick it up comment on how light it is for its capability/the amount of shit on it.

Just my logic, i know most prs dudes like to take it on/off for the 10' they gotta waddle from buzzer to pillow, i just laigh because they then add 18" of arca to the rail which ends up weighing as much as my harris.

Also, bipods are useful for alot more than just prone stuff, i use mine on barricades, car doors/body panels, doorjams, even as a foregrip sometimes if im shooting nods through my 45⁰ rds.

20220402_132651.jpg

Idk if i mentioned it before but i had an atlas on my bolt gun, i had the AI keyslot pic rail, an ADM qd atlas mount, and a bt6. I fuuuuucking hated it, i hated it so much i bought one of the badger ord mlok harris things i use on my gas guns and ground the mlok lugs off, drilled the mounting holes out, and tapped it 7mm LH thread to take the AI keyslot bolts. That biotch is purty dirty now. I just hate atlas bipods bigtime, i know thatll chaffe butts but i personally cant stand them. They work, i just hate the controls, the little bearings get full of shit, theyre heavy.

20220207_114944.jpg

All that said, if there was a lightweight, solid, low profile qd mount that eliminated the dumb harris linkage like the badger LPHMs i love so much, id f***, because options are cool and all, but itd have to really offer an advantage, because ive never, in miles of humping and thousands of rounds of shooting and competitions etc wished my bipod wasnt on the gun.

....maybe shooting through the small ports on a vtac barricade, but those are kinda gay and not something you see IRL very often.

20220402_132651-jpg.600051
Nice,
but you need to hit those optics with some Round Up.

Better to go with actual Harris over Amazon chinesium but you do you.
i wanna see how this absolute crap will perform. getting harris for the harris price is no fun.
plus, i do not really see any harris ones with such a direct mlok mount in there.

and it will be a great compliment to a $500 atlas, side by side. :)

Last edited:
i wanna see how this absolute crap will perform. getting harris for the harris price is no fun.
plus, i do not really see any harris ones with such a direct mlok mount in there.

and it will be a great compliment to a $500 atlas, side by side. :)

It sucks, harris needs to redesign their stuff, mine is a harris sbrm, and the mlok mount is made by badger ordnance, its called the LPHM, low profile harris mount.

Id pull that amazon one apart and loctite everything you can. Id love to see harris do something along those lines.

It might work, good luck.

It might work, good luck.
it will go on a 22lr upper i just zeroed - should be adequate there.
i was pretty surprised not to find any harris with such a simplistic direct mount, it would be, well, something rather obvious to have, in my mind, but, somehow - no.

If you want to go as light as possible, you can go with the UTG Recon Flex. Just a pair of bipod legs that attache to your M-LOK or Keymod handguard at the 3 and 9 O’clock positions. Depending on the exact model they only add 10.7-11.8 oz to your gun. For example: UTG RECON FLEX M-LOK Bipod, Matte Black, 8.0"-11.8" Center Height. $60 bucks from Amazon.
Some pics from their web site:

TL_BPDM02_APP_1.jpeg TL_BPDM02_PRO_1.jpeg TL_BPDM02_FEA_1.jpeg TL_BPDM02_FEA_2.jpeg
Here’s what it looks like on my Sig MCX:
IMG_3171.jpg
I have taken heat on another thread for putting a $60 bipod on a $2k rifle with a $1K optic, but it does work quite well.

If you want to go as light as possible, you can go with the UTG Recon Flex. Just a pair of bipod legs that attache to your M-LOK or Keymod handguard at the 3 and 9 O’clock positions. Depending on the exact model they only add 10.7-11.8 oz to your gun. For example: UTG RECON FLEX M-LOK Bipod, Matte Black, 8.0"-11.8" Center Height. $60 bucks from Amazon.

View attachment 600610View attachment 600611View attachment 600612View attachment 600613
View attachment 600614
I have taken heat on another thread for putting a $60 bipod on a $2k rifle with a $1K optic, but it does work quite well.
at $60 i do start expecting things... at $19 - not so much. :)

at $60 i do start expecting things... at $19 - not so much. :)
It’s pretty well made, not as good as your $500 Atlas, but on par with a Harris in the same price range, maybe even a little bit better. It doesn’t add much bulk or weight to the gun, so it is easier to shoot off hand with it still attached.

I'm looking at either brand for my rifle.
Already have one Harris, but looking to add one with pan/swivel capability.
The Harris with pan adapter comes in cheaper, but Atlas allows you to add different feet for different terrain.
Thoughts?
Get them MDT bipod. It’s 200 bucks. I’m back ordering mine.

View attachment 600610View attachment 600611View attachment 600612View attachment 600613
View attachment 600614
i found a chineseum $25 knock-off of those, presumably also with non-rotating legs, apparently made by accu-tec.
holy chineseum, baby! got that one posted above too - it is, meh, worth its $19 i guess, will be fine on the .22lr upper. it is solid enough, i tried to break it, it did not bend after i applied may be half of my 200lb weight to it. but legs do rotate, so, it is crap, like was expected.
Amazon product ASIN B085PS88N3View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085PS88N3

Back
Top Bottom