Hardest decision every day...

Tuxedo, Gold & Chrome Browning Hi-Power in shoulder rig

I've been looking for a good shoulder rig to go with this:
Web%20highpower1965right640.jpg

I carry the same gun in the same place nearly every time. When you need it is not when you want to think 'which gun do I have and where is it?'.

Yep. I found in my own life that those "excuses" pocket guns were a problem because I was making excuses to carry them. When I made the decision to carry a substantial handgun all the time, it somehow happened.

The condition part might some stupid but I know some people that never chamber a round and some only chamber a round depending on where they are or where they are going. I try to explain this is a bad idea but they never listen. Making changes to your carry system causes confusion and increases the chance of a mistake if you ever need your gun.

About as logical as the people who wear a gun when they think they might need it.

Damn... I'll have to get a shoulder rig. When I wear my tuxedo, I'm down to carrying the NAA Mini Magnum in the front right pocket. No belts in a tux, and the J-frame is too big for the pants pocket. [frown]

FYI, last time I wore a tux was in a wedding where almost every male in the wedding party was carrying. Some of us were using Crossbreed Supertuck's mounted directly to the pants, and the others were using Bellybands. The vests with the tuxes were immensely helpful, since later on we could still take off the jackets. We were all carrying Glock's too, not pocket pistols.

For trips to the Quick-E-Mart I'll toss the Derringer of Doom™ in a pocket.

I prefer to carry all the time, but I absolutely HATE going to convenience stores without a gun, especially at night. Too many "Worlds Wildest" videos I guess.

I stick with two carry guns. Big Sig in cooler weather, smaller Sig in warmer weather.Both are in the same caliber so I can stock up on just one defensive round. It works for me.Same platform, same trigger pull, decocker, sights etc. The rest of them are stuck in the safe until they get their monthly range visit.

FYI, last time I wore a tux was in a wedding where almost every male in the wedding party was carrying. Some of us were using Crossbreed Supertuck's mounted directly to the pants, and the others were using Bellybands. The vests with the tuxes were immensely helpful, since later on we could still take off the jackets. We were all carrying Glock's too, not pocket pistols.

When I wear a tux, there's usually a Past Master's apron belted over the jacket around my waist (since I'm usually wearing the tux for Lodge)... you wouldn't believe how much a gun prints when you do that.

When I wear a tux, there's usually a Past Master's apron belted over the jacket around my waist (since I'm usually wearing the tux for Lodge)... you wouldn't believe how much a gun prints when you do that.

Ah, that makes it a little different then.

Would an ankle holster work for you in that situation? or a Kel-Tec or similar pocket gun?

Back
Top Bottom