Hard Rifle Case For Two AR's??

Pants

NES Member
Title says it all...looking for a rifle case that will hold two AR's with optics - anyone have any suggestions? I would prefer something of quality that won't break the bank.

Thanks in advance!

would this work?
http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Molding...F8&qid=1392043648&sr=8-21&keywords=rifle+case
not sure what type of optics you have.

if large scopes then it would be hard to find case that is not ginormous. maybe look into possibility of having your optics on quality QD mounts.

Good point! One will be a carbine with an EOTech and the other will be a full size with a scope. I'll probably use QD attachments with the scope, so I could keep it off in the case. I like that Plano case a lot - adding that to my list.

Patriot Cases makes a couple nice ones that won't break the bank. They have one with pre-cut foam HERE and basically the same case without the pre-cut foam HERE. They are close in size to the Plano.

I have been carrying two ARs in a single case, but find this package a little too heavy and bulky to handle. I recently bought the new Plano single rifle case that resembles the Pelican case. Fantastic deal for $60, or two for $120. I much prefer the ease of handling two relatively light cases vs one heavy case.

I have this plano. it's what i was talking about - it's ginormous. very long. at one point i stored four rifles in it, not ARs. but then it gets so heavy and unwieldy, when i tried carrying it downstairs i turned sideways and handle snapped out of the socket. didn't break, snapped right back in. but i dropped the case and it tumbled down the flight of stairs.

it is also so long i can't put it in any of my cars. not a trunk not a back seat. only way is long way. i need to fold back seat and then half of it will be in the trunk another one inside the cabin.
little disclaimer. i do not drive compact cars. two normal size sedans. Mazda 6 and Accord. and once it's not in the trunk it has to be locked per MA transportation law. to lock that case you would need 3 or 4 locks, otherwise if you just use less part of the case can steel be pulled wide enough open that you can sneak a rifle out w/o unlocking it.

so if you do go with this one make sure that your vehicle is big enough for it.

You can't beat Storm/Pelican for quality. But the Plano people mentioned is a good value deal. For most cases, you need cut or removable foam (as opposed to the compressible type) to store an EOtech on the rifle because of the width of the optic. I picked up a super cheap Plano for quick range trips with the egg crate style foam and it won't close with the EOtech on.

Where are people finding those Plano cases at which walmarts? I haven't seen them at ones around me.

I use a hard shell golf bag like the one here, holds up to 4 rifles, ammo and handguns and no one gives you a second look when you are loading it up in the car. and it locks, All for around $100

View attachment 93989

Where are people finding those Plano cases at which walmarts? I haven't seen them at ones around me.

That's the problem LD. I searched and there is no Walmarts around metrowest that have them and non online. I checked the other site Mike mentioned but they don't have that model available. The searching for that particular case continues.

It took me about 45 mins, but I plucked it pretty perfect. Not a bad case for the price!

I have the Wally World case as well. Built like a tank, but I doubt you'd get 2 ARs in there. At least not in the version with the diced up foam that you need to pull apart, I don't remember what the system is called. I have the 42 inch one, and I keep Beatrice in there. She's full size with a bigass scope on a cantilever mount, and have some room for the bipod, a few mags and a sling, and then it gets tight in there. Also, it's a bitch to store when not in use.

This is the Plano I recommended in an earlier post. It is small and light enough that carrying two is preferable, for me anyway, to one big heavy case. At $59.95 it was a great deal.

I tried running a group buy on Starlight cases. They were offering like 40% off. No one wanted IN on it. Made no sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom