• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
Let's all try to remember the folks who are working on this day to keep us safe:

The armed forces of the US, wheresoever dispersed around the globe.
The police who don't get today off.
The firefighters who are sitting in their firehouses, away from their families today, in case they're needed.
The EMTs and paramedics who also are waiting for a call.

If you give of yourself to help others (and don't give me that line about "it's just a job" - you could have chosen a career that didn't involve working on holidays!), Thank you.

Ross

Happy Thanksgiving, Brother.
Your kind and charitable thoughts are most appreciated. A few of us are lucky enough to have the day off to spend with family and friends. I can't count all the holidays, birthdays and special events I missed over the past 20 years because of being on duty. Of course, it was my choice so I've no one to blame other than myself.
We surely have so much for which to give thanks.

Health, Plenty, and Peace.

Scott

I echo Ross' thoughts to all!

Happy and Safe Thanksgiving to All! And a very special thanks to those that serve in the Military or Public Safety where the jobs are 24x7x365!!

Yes, thanks to all of you.

Don't forget the Doctors and Nurses in the Hospitals there taking care of the people that aren't well enough to make it with their families.

The folks of the Red Cross that are workign out there feeding the families that don't have a home because of past storms.

And all the Mom's that are taking care of thier children and making dinners for the rest of the family. It may be a day off, but they are still busting their humps to put dinners on the table for the rest of us.

I was watching the Macy's Day Parade. And it was nice to hear the people hosting the parade to say thanks for all the armed forces for keeping us safe and doing what they do.

It was nice to hear on live TV.

Lots of people out there working today to take care of the rest of us.

May they be blessed for their devotion to duty.

I also echo all the sentiments of the rest. My thanks and my blessings to all those that give so much,for the rest of us. Happy Thanksgiving all.

And ditto what everyone else said!

(oh my...I'm way too stuffed...I do this evey year and vow "never again", until the next holiday. [roll] )

As stated by others, to all who have to work away from their families.

(Don't forget the square badges out there! :D ) I stoped by each of my sites and droped off food and drinks for my people)

Security Officers, Security Guards, square badges, rent-a-cops.

The people no one pays any attention to, or gives any respect to, until there is a fire, a crime or some type of emergency in their office building.

SgtUSMC8541 said:
Security Officers, Security Guards, square badges, rent-a-cops.

The people no one pays any attention to, or gives any respect to, until there is a fire, a crime or some type of emergency in their office building.

Speaking as a square badge, thanks Sgt. We usually get forgotten. :D (although I didn't work today)

And, as a family that likes to go bowling every year after we eat...

Thanks to all the bowling alley owners and workers that lets us play after we eat. It's been a tradition since I was a little kid...so I'm sure that it's gone on since before I was born. But as we weren't able to get back to Louisville this holiday, thanks for being there for the rest of my famliy...

Back
Top Bottom