Happy Thanksgiving NES

Any tips? I do bacon under the skin on the breast. Keeps it moist. I don't serve the bacon . Just for flavor. Now I want turkey...
I do a standard brine, for 12-14 hours in advance. 4-5 carrots, 4-5 celery, 2-3 onions, through the food processor shredder and into a pot of several gallons water, handful of allspice berries, handful white pepper, a couple bay leaves, and some Bell's (or equivalent). Half cup brown sugar and 2-3 c salt. Simmer and cool. Turkey in that.

I do a standard brine, for 12-14 hours in advance. 4-5 carrots, 4-5 celery, 2-3 onions, through the food processor shredder and into a pot of several gallons water, handful of allspice berries, handful white pepper, a couple bay leaves, and some Bell's (or equivalent). Half cup brown sugar and 2-3 c salt. Simmer and cool. Turkey in that.
Now I just need your address

You too. It's definitely been a year. We all have alot to be Thankful for. Even if we have to drive to a crappy relative for dry turkey with gas at 3.40 a gallon :oops:
I trust two people to make Thanksgiving dinner, my sister and myself. My sister in law tries every 3rd year but it's horrible.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Recipe? I want to try smoking one but I don't want to serve one for Thanksgiving until I get it right.
My brine is one gallon of water 3/4 cup kosher salt and 1/4 cup sugar. I brined it for a few days. Then into the smoker. I went with 250 degrees for heat. Use a thermometer and get the internal breast temp to 157 degrees. It should stay nice and moist. Super simple, just takes time.

Truly a heart felt Happy Thanksgiving and best wishes to my entire NES family.
It does not matter if we've met or if I agree or disagree with any or all of your views and opinions.
My number one thought is just best wishes for all and Happy Thanksgiving šŸ˜Š
Thank you.

Another Heartfelt Thought at Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving it's a time give thanks and be grateful. A time to reflect on where we are as individuals and also as Americans today. Men, women and children of all races colors and creeds who came from the four corners of the globe at all cost to be here in this great land. A land of freedom, of liberty and of hope for all men. It seems today there are those out there that want to take all these things away and destroy our America and what it stands for. To construct a nation of power and control over all who try resist. They are doing this by dividing us and making us angry and more.

I for one believe that America as an idea has prospered because of Devine Providence of Our almighty Father in Heaven. However this prosperity has not come without a great deal of pain, sacrifice and blood shed of those that came before us. I am not asking for you to believe in God but to believe in the America that we knew grew up in and remember. But to give Thanks and be Grateful for all the blessings in our lives even with the challenges that lay before us.

I pray that our Father almighty watch over and protect you along with all your families this Thanksgiving Day and every day to come

God Bless You All and God Bless America

My brine is one gallon of water 3/4 cup kosher salt and 1/4 cup sugar. I brined it for a few days. Then into the smoker. I went with 250 degrees for heat. Use a thermometer and get the internal breast temp to 157 degrees. It should stay nice and moist. Super simple, just takes time.
What wood do you use?

Back
Top Bottom