Happy Birthday U.S. Army! (belated)

Too funny and too true! Sorry to say we Army folk just don't quite have the Marine's esprit de corps going on.

Too funny and too true! Sorry to say we Army folk just don't quite have the Marine's esprit de corps going on.
Tell that to Infantrymen, Paratroopers, Cavalry Troopers, Rangers, Special Forces, Artillery, Combat Engineers, etc. and there will be a chat. But not about birthdays.

Flag Day / AKA Army’s birthday has almost no historical significance. It’s like Father’s Day.

Militias were gathered in the Bay State from the first settlements. In 1643 the New England states formed a Confederation to respond jointly to threats. In the early 1670’s, joint forces were organized to fight the Wampanoags. King Philip’s War 1675-1678 featured the first use of “Rangers” a joint force of Europeans and native warriors under the command of Benjamin Church.

In 1774, Massachusetts towns increased the size of their “Minutemen” units, considered by many to be an RMA: Revolution In Military Affairs.. Militias began actively opposing the actions of the King’s agents the same year.

April 19, 1775 marked the beginning of open armed conflict by Minutemen and Militias in long standing. The Continental Congress voted to establish the Army 6/14/1775 and appointed George Washington Commander. At that time, the militias were theoretically joined into one: but they had been fighting on US soil for over 100 years, and in the Revolution for months.

By contrast, the USMC was formed 11/10/1775 but did not see action until February 1776 and was disbanded In 1783. The US Navy was also formed as the Continental Navy 10/13/1775 and was also disbanded, in 1785.

Just everyone do your f***ing job and enough of the histrionics.

Flag Day / AKA Army’s birthday has almost no historical significance. It’s like Father’s Day.

Actually, Father's Day is one of the most important days on the calendar for me. But YMMV.

Happy Day, Army. Hooah.

I spoke with my son this am, he said they had Friday off because of the Army's birthday, and Monday off because of Fathers day. Yet getting a day at Easter or Thanksgiving was like pulling teeth and they were not ok'd till a day or 2 before

Back
Top Bottom