• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Happy Anniversary S&W 642!

rep308

NES Member

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oECcf0-oCF8&list=WL&index=5

Well all you revolver haters, it's happy anniversary to the Smith and Wesson 642. I got mine in the late 90's for the price of $362 back when AAA Police Supply in Dedham sold to us mere mortals. It has spent many a time in the front pocket of my "dad" cargo pants and shorts and fortunately has never been called on in an emergancy. It does get replaced with it's big brother Model 66 while hiking but the 642 has been my go to friend for a long time. Somewhere along the way the grips got an upgrade to a pair of Crimson Trace laser that allows me to hit at 25 yards but realistically it's a 10-15 foot firearms. Oh, and Greg Derr sweetened the trigger a bit.

Dinasaurs may not still roam the earth, but there are us who rely on a 642 and the 1 7/8" revolver family to get us through a tight spot. I know you Glock 17 people with 3 extra mags shake your head, but I love my little friend.

Sweet little pocket gun. I’ve had three — always seemed to have a friend in need or an interesting trade.

Paid $325 for my 442 (with no Hillary hole) about 5 years ago. I plan on keeping it.

Sweet little pocket gun. I’ve had three — always seemed to have a friend in need or an interesting trade.

Paid $325 for my 442 (with no Hillary hole) about 5 years ago. I plan on keeping it.
The picture that conjures up is not pleasant in the least [puke2]

Always have a 642 , if not as a main carry, at least as backup. Sometimes carry a 442 as well. Bought the 642 at Sports Authority in Seekonk in 1993.
Now that I think about it, that’s thirty years. They’ll probably bury me with it.

Back
Top Bottom