Hanks belts anyone use one?

My Crossbreed has been a daily wear for 5 or so years I think. Tried a Galco and went back to the old Crossbread right away.
I’ll buy another CB or look at Hanks for sure.

I'll give you one more. Anson Belts makes those click-belts. Infinite sizing. No need to suffer if you're hauling a G21 IWB and then eat a big ass plate of pasta for lunch. Clickclickclick, ability to breathe restored.
I've been looking for this type of belt adjustment - how's the CC strap version hold up? Stiff enough to carry the weight but at the same time comfortable? I have several CC specific belts but I've been liking my Mission web belt the most as I can infinitely adjust the size and it's more comfortable than the usual stiff leather CC belt.. Thanks for posting this - I'm subscribed!

Don't think I'd buy another Hank's belt- way too rigid. If you're carrying a lot of weight (fat gut or a full size handgun) it might be fine.

I have 4 Hanks belts and just ordered a fifth. The one I use for EDC is their Montanan Bison Belt. I have it in brown and am ordering another in black. Absolutely the best gun belt I’ve ever used in terms of being able to carry a P229, absolutely no sag anywhere. I use their Gunner belt if I’m carrying my Shield. Then I have a light weight for the few times I’m not carrying.

I own both a brown and black one. I have referred friends and family to Hanks and have never heard a bad word.

Good luck.

Matt

This is exactly what I own as both colors work the same. [laugh] Have had them for years and are rock solid and makes carrying IWB or OWB a solid combination. A true necessity for carrying a firearm. There are other manufactures, but Hanks is what I purchased.

And I'm not a "pu$$y" for NOT carrying Appendix (O.K., maybe I am) For me, it just doesn't work well with my tactical muffin top.

Jay

Ive had two hanks gunner belts. Both very good quality, but after about 3 years dailt wear for each they got real limp in didnt stand up to a gun that well anymore. Each one stretched a litte over time too and left me in a weird spot between holes.

My current belt is a kore gun belt, have mixed feelings about it. The micro adjustments are great, but its actually too stiff with the kydex core - it can be hard to get it tight enough actually. The buckle design also makes it ao i cant carry appendix.

Last edited:
Ive had two hanks gunner belts. Both very good quality, but after about 3 years dailt wear for each they got real limp in didnt stand up to a gun that well anymore. Each one stretched a litte over time too and left me in a weird spot between holes.

My current belt is a kore gun belt, have mixed feelings about it. The micro adjustments are great, but its actually too stiff with the kydex core - it can be hard to get it tight enough actually. The buckle design also makes it ao i cant carry appendix.
I ordered a bullhide steel core. Maybe it'll be too stuff I don't know but I'm going to give it a try.

Hanks is stiff

That's how Mrs. Hanks likes it. ;)

I've been looking for this type of belt adjustment - how's the CC strap version hold up? Stiff enough to carry the weight but at the same time comfortable? I have several CC specific belts but I've been liking my Mission web belt the most as I can infinitely adjust the size and it's more comfortable than the usual stiff leather CC belt.. Thanks for posting this - I'm subscribed!

It's stiff. Not hammer-nails stiff. It'll hold your typical polymer IWB no problem for a long time. A old steel hog-leg OWB??? Might want something more substantial. Long gone are the days that I want to strap 2-3lbs of metal behind my right hip.

If you want an all-leather belt to support the weight without sagging you need a double-layer belt. The best one I know is made by Filson, msrp around $100. I have a 1.25" one that fits my suits and good wool pants ,and a 1.5" for casual pants and jeans. It's been ten years now and they look and work like new.

Hank’s Gunner Belts are radical. IWB double clip or single clip, OWB, shoulder holster, no problem. They pull weight and get the job done.

You know you really want a shoulder-rig, don't you... o_O

View attachment 400182

Then you don't even need a belt.

08d244180035b4e31cb7305f53cd08fc.jpg

I've been running a Nexbelt with the ratcheting buckle system, absolutely love it, also love that you just cut it to length, no guess work on the sizing. It has a huge range of adjustment so makes for comfortable wear no matter what dress mode you're in.

Well. I ordered a NexBelt this morning. I'll compare it to my Kore Essentials when it comes in

My Crossbreed has been a daily wear for 5 or so years I think. Tried a Galco and went back to the old Crossbread right away.
I’ll buy another CB or look at Hanks for sure.

I've had the Crossbreed Classic Gun Belt for a few years for my pants belt. I love it. Not a huge fan of the roller buckle, but I haven't looked too hard for a replacement buckle either.

I use a Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt for shorts.

So my steel core bullhide came in last night. I like it. It is very stiff but that's the point. Bianchi pancake holster and the 642 sit tight to the body and stay put. Its thick but not so noticeable that it couldn't be worn with jeans and an Oxford shirt or whatever. You can feel where the steel core ends.....just before the buckle holes. It definitely stiffens the belt to stop a holster and gun from tilting outward.

Last edited:
What width do you recommend for jeans carrying a Bianchi leather holster and a j frame?
I have two Hanks, one brown one black. You're not likely ever going to need to worry about it rolling over on something like a J-frame. I've carried my Beretta on mine for years and they've held there shape really well.
I will say that my only complaint is on their black belt buckles. I've had one so far that had all the black rub off and leave the grey metal exposed on it. Ended up buying one of their replacement buckles, and I'll see how long it lasts.

Lots of good belts out there right now. No need to go to Bradlees for a $5.99 special or see if you can pick one up at Swank during the Christmas sale. ;)

I'll give you one more. Anson Belts makes those click-belts. Infinite sizing. No need to suffer if you're hauling a G21 IWB and then eat a big ass plate of pasta for lunch. Clickclickclick, ability to breathe restored.

They make normal belts then they make natural tanned belts (which are very soft) AND they make "Concealed Carry" in black and brown leather as well as nylon in several colors. 1.5" widths.

As far as fashion, I've worn a 1.5" belt with all sorts of fashion be it suits or the like for 20 years. For a grown-up, a 1.25" belt - even with a suit - looks a bit 1990's to me. You can even tuck in the big-ass tag end like Vincent LaGuardia Gambini. LOL

My point is: Most holsters are designed around a 1.5" belt. Get 1.5's for EVERYTHING and move on.

(The only non-1.5" belt I have is a military web belt. That I wear with shorts that need them in the Summer.)

Just purchased an Anson concealed carry belt. Very impressed with the quality and the comfort. The infinite adjustability is a winner.

I have one. I regret buying it. It's thick and stiff, so it does give good support, but I wish I'd gone with another Akers that is thinner and has a rigid core. It is more flexible, yet holds things just as heavy.

Back
Top Bottom