• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hanks belts anyone use one?

I have a Hanks, its more of the quality and stiffness of a osha safety harness ! Mine took forever to break in and be 100% comfortable in the buckle area. They are built super robust. They are the AK47 of belts.

Just a heads up I bought a couple belts from bullhidebelts.com about 2 year ago. well where the buckle attaches there are a couple screws. One fell out and the leather loop was lost. I bought 2, one black and one brown/tan.

These are about $80 each. Not inexpensive. So I figured they'd just send me a new screw and loop in the name of customer service.

Nope, they want a payment plus shipping, albeit a small one. I asked them to reconsider a failure in their product. Especially after he told me that they tell customers to glue the screws in place now...

I wonder what their customer acquisition cost is? I imagine it far exceeds whatever they're asking for.

It's much easier to keep an existing customer than to get new customers IMHO. I've lost a fair bit of weight over the past year and need to get some new belts. But it won't be from them.

EABOD's, bull hide belts. Customer satisfaction is really important.

I have a Hanks, its more of the quality and stiffness of a osha safety harness ! Mine took forever to break in and be 100% comfortable in the buckle area. They are built super robust. They are the AK47 of belts.

I bought both my son-in-law's a pair of Hank's Belts for Xmas. They had an amazing sale before the holidays.

Both of these guys love their new belts. Prior to this they had only used belts from Target or Marshalls. And they saw the huge quality difference immediately.

I have one of the Bison belts. I originally bought it for work, my previous belt was not holding up to a multi-tool, flashlight & radio combo for 8+ hrs a day. Not to mention that I suffer from "Hank Hill butt" LOL.
The Bison belt held up well for all my work crap as well as the various 9's I carried outside of work. I don't have the same job anymore, but I still wear the Hank's exclusively unless I'm wearing a suit or something way more formal. It blends in well with my "business casual" and holds up to whatever I want to carry on my days off.

I have 4 Hank's belts. A Montana Bison in brown, two Gunner stitched belts (one black one brown) and one Jeans belt. The Bison is pretty thick, and won't fit some of my everyday pant loops, so in that case I'll use one of the Gunners. I use the Jeans belt when I pocket carry. All are 4-5 years old and are still looking and working great.

I'm on year 7 ot 8 of daily use hanks.

It ain't winning any stiffness competitions but it keeps my pants up and my pew pew where it belongs.

Got no complaints.

Probably should buy another but this one really contours to my gut well.

Back
Top Bottom