• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hank Williams Jr. will give you $6,000 to find his grandpa’s shotgun

Reptile

NES Member
Hope some old boy down there has a cousin's wife's sister's neighbor who sees that on FB and pulls the shottie out of a closet covered in dust.
Hank Jr. trivia - Whys he always wear sun glasses? No google allowed....
His music always takes me back to the 80's and some good times in school and the Army...

Hope some old boy down there has a cousin's wife's sister's neighbor who sees that on FB and pulls the shottie out of a closet covered in dust.
Hank Jr. trivia - Whys he always wear sun glasses? No google allowed....
His music always takes me back to the 80's and some good times in school and the Army...

This cracker met a lot of rednecks during that time I would, and did, trust with my life. [thumbsup] 'A Country Boy can Survive' was sung in a drunken voice, often.

Are you asking about the whole incident, the beard or just the glasses?

Most days I'm thinking this would be nice...
I like to ride my hoses and shoot my gun
You know a cowboy's work is just never done
I am in to bacics and I don't like fads
And I like to have women I never had...

I wonder what he'd be willing to pay for my grandfather's shotgun...?

I like that a man who can buy anything he wants puts more value on his grandfathers beater gun. Adds validity to his songs and attests to his character in my opinion.

Pretty shitty attitude to have - dude's heirloom shotgun was stolen and you think he should offer a larger reward than 5x the price because he's a celeb?

The 11/48 not a "trash can gun", nor is it "This Year's Girl" - My Dad's gun is not for sale but KTP would gladly give it 1/10th of it's value in trade. If you don't know what an 11/48 is or is worth then you may not understand what "My Grandaddy's Gun" is worth.

Hank Sr.'s 16 is in Nashville in the HOF - A single shot IIRC. So when Jr. asks for help - I'm obliged to help as best I can - I'd take a signed guitar over cash all day long on that endeavor - I'd request to meet as many other C/W friends to sign said guitar and donate it to the C/W museum as a handshake offer.

I doubt you'd get such response and honor from another community...

I hope someone stands up and he finds it again. [David Alan Coe Voice] No questions - asked [/DACV]

The 11/48 not a "trash can gun", nor is it "This Year's Girl" - My Dad's gun is not for sale but KTP would gladly give it 1/10th of it's value in trade. If you don't know what an 11/48 is or is worth then you may not understand what "My Grandaddy's Gun" is worth.

Hank Sr.'s 16 is in Nashville in the HOF - A single shot IIRC. So when Jr. asks for help - I'm obliged to help as best I can - I'd take a signed guitar over cash all day long on that endeavor - I'd request to meet as many other C/W friends to sign said guitar and donate it to the C/W museum as a handshake offer.

I doubt you'd get such response and honor from another community...

I hope someone stands up and he finds it again. [David Alan Coe Voice] No questions - asked [/DACV]

My great grandfather left me an 11/48, and while I don't shoot it much, it isn't for sale. I can empathize with the man, celeb or not.

No one said it was stolen - read the article

And yes ability to pay should absolutely be considered in the reward

Pretty shitty attitude to have - dude's heirloom shotgun was stolen and you think he should offer a larger reward than 5x the price because he's a celeb?

No one said it was stolen - read the article

And yes ability to pay should absolutely be considered in the reward

Brother, I absolutely read the article - did you?

Williams’ attorney Steve Smith shared the reward post on Facebook and said the gun was likely lost when Williams moved from Cullman to Paris, “possibly from his cabin on Smith Lake.”

The musician said he wants “to pass that old Remington down to my children and grandchildren” and that he’s willing to offer “fifty $100 dollar bills” and an additional $1,000 finder's fee to whoever locates the gun, “no questions asked.”

You don't put 'No questions asked' in a reward if someone accidentally sold it. If it got lost 'when Williams moved from Cullman to Paris, “possibly from his cabin on Smith Lake.”' then it was possibly movers or was stolen before or after the move. That's why I don't let movers move my guns back and forth across the US when I get orders..

Do you also think someone should have a 70% tax rate because they make seven figures?

Back
Top Bottom