Handguns with Arm Brace

Seems like this is abusing ATF's reinterpretation...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...works-celebrates-atf-opinion-letter-reversal/

20170429_112031.jpg

Last edited:
Well we don't have those auto-Glocks, so. . . . . LOL (Gosh that looks like it hurt.)

I can't imagine people wanting a handgun with a stock for anything practical. It won't conceal, so scratch that. And you can get pretty damned compact shoulder-fired rifles out there. So in terms of firepower, you are better off with those.

For range fun? Sure.

Just get a mechtech carbine upper if you want to shoulder your glock imo.

Well we don't have those auto-Glocks, so. . . . . LOL (Gosh that looks like it hurt.)

I can't imagine people wanting a handgun with a stock for anything practical. It won't conceal, so scratch that. And you can get pretty damned compact shoulder-fired rifles out there. So in terms of firepower, you are better off with those.

For range fun? Sure.
If it is still a pistol with an "arm brace", there are many states where a concealed pistol is legal while a concealed rifle is not.

If it is still a pistol with an "arm brace", there are many states where a concealed pistol is legal while a concealed rifle is not.

Yeah. If I want to walk around town dressed as Silent Bob. Or worse, a Matrix LARPer. [rofl]

For range fun? Sure.

The really funny thing about an AR-15 pistol is that it's a HANDGUN. That means that my handgun permit lets me carry it across state borders, (down here at least), whereas a NFA short-barrelled rifle doesn't travel quite so freely. Then when you put a red-dot and an arm-brace on it...

how is this abuse of any law? i'm not following. they said one can put a brace to the shoulder, so that's what he is doing. so what.

any inconsistencies here are simply the product of the absurd NFA and attempts of federal government to draw black-white lines over shades of gray.

Ironically I think BATFE did this on purpose to take some of the heat/workload off the NFA branch, because they swamped themselves with garbage since 41P. Think of all the time wasted processing 5320s, and filing for stamps, amending trusts, and all that bullshit. Even the stamp tax probably doesn't cover the costs, given likely overpriced federal employees. This administrative decision promotes people not filing for SBR, more or less, without having to resort to issuing a legal decree that runs directly contrary to the actual law as printed. If they don't act like douchebags, it'll probably lower SBR registrations by an easy 80% or more.

-Mike

For range fun? Sure.

He asked for the worst, I imagine shooting myself about as bad as it gets. At least if you shoot someone else you could say "HE WAS COMING RIGHT AT ME!".

Back
Top Bottom