Handgun waiting period bill clears New Hampshire House (NH-HB101)

The 184-134 vote sent the measure (HB 1101) to the state Senate, where it is also likely to be adopted. Gov. Chris Sununu vetoed an identical waiting-period bill last year, and the minority House Republicans were united enough to sustain that veto.

Did absolutely no good to ping legislators about this.

The waiting period would not apply to the purchase of a rifle or shotgun as long as the buyer had completed a state-run, 16-hour hunter education course.
Eventually, Democrats will call that a loophole.

What's the point of a waiting period when the state system for handgun purchases already includes an instant records check performed by the state police, which is supposedly more thorough than just a NICS check alone ???
I could possibly see the value of this for a first time handgun purchaser, but why should it apply to someone who already owns a handgun (or several dozen) ???
Thankfully, Sununu already vetoed an identical bill to this one last year, and I'm pretty sure he'll do the same again.

What's the point of a waiting period when the state system for handgun purchases already includes an instant records check performed by the state police, which is supposedly more thorough than just a NICS check alone ???
I could possibly see the value of this for a first time handgun purchaser, but why should it apply to someone who already owns a handgun (or several dozen) ???
Thankfully, Sununu already vetoed an identical bill to this one last year, and I'm pretty sure he'll do the same again.

I think the excuse they are using is that it might prevent some suicides. VT passed or tried to pass something similar after a young man bought a hand gun and then within a short amount of time killed himself. When will there be a waiting period on rope, and a wait period on entering tall buildings or bridges?

Same thing that goes on every legislative session.

I am new to NH so this stuff is worrisome and infuriating at the same time. Are you saying it's the same story every year? It makes me want to oppose Democrat supported stuff like legalized marijuana. Not because I feel strongly against it, but because the same idiots that vote in Democrats that sponsor these anti-gun bills are crying for legalized weed so screw them.

Feels man, the feels.

I am new to NH so this stuff is worrisome and infuriating at the same time. Are you saying it's the same story every year?
Yes. Some legislative sessions are worse than others, but New Hampshire state Democrats never stop introducing firearm prohibition bills.

Back
Top Bottom