• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Handgun shipping question???

JES Consulting

Instructor
NES Member
Hello guys.
Is it legal for an FFL to bring a handgun in to U.S. Post office to sent to another FFL?
Or it needs to be picked up from his/her place of business.

I think it is more general question than Gun Law question, sorry if posted in wrong forum.
Thank you in advance

Just to touch on this, is there a requirement on how it is shipped. Registered, next day , priority, express, insurance, Do you need to show the Postmaster the recieving FFL license? just wondering. I plan on buying a few online purchases to be trnsfered FFL. I like to know so I know they know, ya know?

Is it legal for an FFL to bring a handgun in to U.S. Post office to sent to another FFL?

Yes.

Just to touch on this, is there a requirement on how it is shipped. Registered, next day , priority, express, insurance,

USPS recommends sending it via registered mail.

Do you need to show the Postmaster the recieving FFL license?

No. USPS requires that the shipping FFL submit Form 1508.

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/601.htm#wp1065404

11.1.6 Certificate of Manufacturers and Dealers
A licensed manufacturer or dealer need not file the affidavit under 11.1.4, but must file with the postmaster a statement on Form 1508 signed by the mailer that he or she is a licensed manufacturer or dealer of firearms, that the parcels containing handguns (or major component parts thereof) are customary trade shipments or contain such articles for repairing or replacing parts, and that to the best of his or her knowledge or belief the addressees are licensed manufacturers or dealers of firearms.

Back
Top Bottom