• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Handgun shipments to MA suspensed?

Spoke with FS the other week and was going to use them as my FFL for a purchase from Buds, but received an email this morning stating "Sorry we are not currently shipping handguns to Mass."

I called Buds gunshop and the gentleman I spoke with didn't have any further information on this. Anyone here know something?

Edit:
I did not click enough. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/shipping.php. Failed to even look at this link after getting sidetracked trying to get the FFL thing cleared up.

Last edited:
Yup, I found this out a few weeks ago. [angry]

What really pissed me off is that the website took the order and I was able to choose a MA FFL from their list. An hour or two later I got an e-mail saying there was a "problem" with my order.

After reading through BGS website, I thought it prudent to contact the FFL directly, and after exchanging a few emails, was under the impression we would be good to go. Perhaps there was something I missed altogether on the seller's website stating the contrary. FS was listed as a "preferred ffl" and Carl even stated he knew the license was expired and was going to be faxing in a current one so they had it on record.

This is an "Ad-hoc" version of gun control. You should ask why Bud's subscribes to this form of extortion to the American Citizens in MASS. Not only that, but if you someone is willing to compile a list of gun shops that are unwilling and if they are for the same extorted reason, a class action federal suit should be filed against the AG's office, maybe I'm presumptuous.

This is an "Ad-hoc" version of gun control. You should ask why Bud's subscribes to this form of extortion to the American Citizens in MASS. Not only that, but if you someone is willing to compile a list of gun shops that are unwilling and if they are for the same extorted reason, a class action federal suit should be filed against the AG's office, maybe I'm presumptuous.

I'm sure the AG sends threat letters to every gun shop on the net...some care, but some use the letter to wipe their A$$. Find one that doesn't and use it, at the same time let places like BGS know that they lost your business to XXX internet gun shop because they sell to MA. They may not care.....but if you hit them in the pocketbook, they may take a look at their policy a little harder.

Last edited:
It's too bad b/c they have some decent prices.

Who would want to deal with Martha's BS when there are 49 other states they can ship too (or 56 in Barry's world)? Even if the AG is blowing smoke, who wants to call her bluff.

It's too bad b/c they have some decent prices.

Who would want to deal with Martha's BS when there are 49 other states they can ship too (or 56 in Barry's world)? Even if the AG is blowing smoke, who wants to call her bluff.

I know its easy for me to say this because I'm not in MASS, But someone needs to stand up to her and call her bluff and shake her shorts out for what she is doing is blackmail, and if I'm not mistaken she crossing state lines to do this so this is now a federal civil rights violation.

I know its easy for me to say this because I'm not in MASS, But someone needs to stand up to her and call her bluff and shake her shorts out for what she is doing is blackmail, and if I'm not mistaken she crossing state lines to do this so this is now a federal civil rights violation.

+1

That's why I don't do business with Cheaperthandirt. They sell MA legal products they won't ship here, and when I called to ask who to complain to they wouldn't say who owned the business or even who managed it.

I have no problem with someone saying "I don't don't give a flying f#ck about the 2nd amendment: I'm going to do whatever I want" I understand that. But when someone claims to support the 2nd Amendment and does stuff like this, I'm all [rolleyes]. It's like saying you are supporting the 2nd Amendment by moving out of MA.

It's like saying you are supporting the 2nd Amendment by moving out of MA.

Though I won't make that correlation, I will be moving out of MA as soon as graduation rolls around in few years. Figuring out what I can purchase and how is becoming a part-time job. I only have probably 85 years to enjoy my life. I will not burden myself with 'fighting the fight' when it's plenty easy, and LEGAL, to do so in just about every other state in the country. To check this list, then cross check it with that list, then find the item, and then triple check it is matching SKU with the runner on 3rd base, well...MA can swallow itself whole for all I care.

Bud's will ship long guns here. They (Bud's, Cheaper Than Dirt, etc.) either do not want to try and understand our laws, or the AG has forced them to sign an agreement atating they will not ship handgun here or they will be fined $5000/item/day.

I have been looking at out of state gun dealers the last few weeks. I have looked at Bud's. I did see they did not ship to MA which is unfortunate. If i really wanted something they had I could get it here but it would have to go through a 2 step process. Granted this is even if the gun I wanted could be transferred in MA.

I made the mistake last week of buying a brand new Sig P226 and shipping it to FS. I checked the model number and everything. It said it was MA-compliant and they had FS FFL on record. Got an email from Carl the day it came in. It did not have the 2nd serial number or hole in the barrel for the loaded chamber indicator. Not luck can't be transferred in MA Carl said. [sad] Stupid me! I know other guns have a special MA model but i thoughte reg all black and two tone guns like the 226/229 etc guns were all MA compliant.......wrong. Oversight on my part.

Sig said the could make it MA compliant for $200 and even though the whole package i got (light and gun) would still have been cheaper than if i bought it at a store here it was more than I wanted to spend. SO i ended up shipping it to my friend in VT.

My fault. I was on a role buying guns and that one totally slipped by me. Four Season's didn't seem to care. They said "Not a problem. It Happens" I got a funny feeling it happens more than I think. Either way I still walked away with a nice Tac light. I ended up not losing any more. All I had to do was pay the $30 shipping which didn't matter because I would have had to pay a $40 transfer.

My friend got a brand new in the box P226 Two-Tone for $625. Now that's a deal [laugh]

Last edited:

Most of these sellers are small businesses, even what we think of as a BIG dealer is still a small business on the scale of businesses in general.

Very few of them want to face the possibility of even a single $1000 fine, never mind the 100s of thousands of dollars that the AG's office can bring to bear by filing a suit that will probably never get to trial. Filing motion after motion after disclosure tying up a company with legal fees until they either go under or give up before it ever gets to court.

And then... What's the benefit? How much profit can they reasonably expect to make if they DO go through the hassles?

The only seller I can see having the vested interest and the possible resources to possibly make this work is Bass Pro, and they gave in already.

Last edited:
I'm sure the AG sends threat letters to every gun shop on the net...some care, but some use the letter to wipe their A$$. Find one that doesn't and use it, at the same time let places like BGS know that they lost your business to XXX internet gun shop because they sell to MA. They may not care.....but if you hit them in the pocketbook, they may take a look at their policy a little harder.

its your choice, but you could mention that you are a member of a large forum

and you have made it clear, that you will not ship to Ma.

Back
Top Bottom