Handgun magazine question

rommel

NES Member
Is a post ban large capacity magazine illegal as it is by itself or only when in the handgun? Could I carry a large capacity magazine say in a BOB or as a secondary magazine on myself. Then if I ever needed it, the benefit of having it in a life or death situation would far outweigh the possible legal penalties.

As far as I know just the magazine is a jail term there was a thread were a lawyer that is on this forum informed every body of this

Is a post ban large capacity magazine illegal as it is by itself or only when in the handgun? Could I carry a large capacity magazine say in a BOB or as a secondary magazine on myself. Then if I ever needed it, the benefit of having it in a life or death situation would far outweigh the possible legal penalties.

If you need more than 11 rounds in your life or death situation, it is time to turn around and start running. Any hi-cap mags in the state not made before september 1994 are illegal. Not worth it for any reason. Buy a couple prebans, or if they're not made for your gun. Practice reloading.

Is a post ban large capacity magazine illegal as it is by itself or only when in the handgun?

Mere possession is a felony.

The potential penalty is $10,000 and 10 years incarceration (MGL 140-131M).

Additionally, a conviction would render one a Federally prohibited person for life.

Additionally, a conviction would render one a Federally prohibited person for life.

BOOM GOES THE... well my head, thinking about how retarded MA is... damn commies.

You should have at least two in your BOB.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

Has there ever been a case in MA that anyone has been arrested/ convicted of this? Just curious. Or is it like a seatbelt kind of "side" punishment added to charges already brought?

Last edited:
Has there ever been a case in MA that anyone has been arrested/ convicted of this? Just curious. Or is it like a seatbelt kind of "side" punishment added to charges already brought?

To me, it is irrelevant whether or not it has been prosecuted. Yes, Mass laws regarding guns sucks, however we must follow the rules. I got my answer as clearly as possible. Quote "Mere possession is a felony. The potential penalty is $10,000 and 10 years incarceration" . I need not go any furthur and I thank you Kevlar.
It can be prosecuted and I do not want to be the guinea pig. I have worked too long and too hard to lose everything over 7 rounds.

Never mind, withdrawn. [grin]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom