Handgun conversions

I've heard that if you get a glock in .40 or .357 sig then you can convert it to 9mm with a barrel and mag swap. Do other guns, like the M&P, have this capability available? Are the .40 and .357 sig mags the same mags?

I'm also looking into a revolver, specifically the S&W 686 plus, and am wondering if you can switch barrels on a 686 to change barrel length.

Last edited:
I've heard that if you get a glock in 9mm then you can convert it to .357 sig and .40 with a barrel and mag swap. Do other guns, like the M&P, have this capability available? Are the .40 and .357 sig mags the same mags?

I'm also looking into a revolver, specifically the S&W 686 plus, and am wondering if you can switch barrels on a 686 to change barrel length.

I believe it's the other way around, you can convert a 40 to 9.

I believe it's the other way around, you can convert a 40 to 9.

This, a 40 will convert to a 357 sig or 9mm. Same with the 357 sig. Although they won't operate as smoothly unless you change other parts like the ejector. But for target training a barrel swap is fine.

This, a 40 will convert to a 357 sig or 9mm. Same with the 357 sig. Although they won't operate as smoothly unless you change other parts like the ejector. But for target training a barrel swap is fine.

My Sig P229 came in .40, and I dropped a .357 barrel in it. Didn't have to convert anything, as .40SW and .357Sig brass has the same lip on it. No need to change anything, not even mags.

My Glock 22 I have the Lonewolf 9mm and 357sig barrels, nothing else needed(well 9mm mag) 357sig shoots out of the 40 mag. No ejector changes, Lonewolf actually makes the barrel so you don't need to do that

Probably not the type of handgun you were referring to but the TC Contender is ultimate handgun for caliber interchangeably. You can also buy a .22 lr conversion for many Glocks too.
White Feather

I personally owned a glock 33 (.357 sig) and had 2 lone wolf barrels. One inn9mm and the other in .40 I could drop in any barrel and swap mags and have a flawlessly working firearm with any of those barrels. Never once had a malfunction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My two SIG 210's are easily converted from 9mm to .30 Luger. Just drop in the other barrel and spring - done.
No need for different mags as the case bodies and head dimensions are the same.

No, you can't change barrels easily on an S&W revolver, only the factory or a gunsmith can.
If that's what you want to do, look for a Dan Wesson revolver, they were made for easy barrel swaps and many came in "Pistol Packs" with several different length barrels and the tools to swap them out.

dan-wesson-357.jpg

Back
Top Bottom