• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Handcuffed man shot inside police cruiser

Peep likely attacked the officer. Possibly biting him or reaching with his cuffed hands for the service firearm.

the police investigate and found he was at fault. As usual the truth comes out when the police investigate.

LOL.

They could change stories 100 times and you'd believe each and every iteration.

From a quick scan of an article.... this was the THIRD shooting that this cop was in....? Jesus Christ. Something is definitely fishy. That's unheard of .

An off-duty alleged robbery attempt. Apparently a robber shot at him, he shot back, neither hit each other, and the robber fled. Nobody charged. Either they never were able to find and ID the guy, which is possible, or something a little bit different from that happened. Who knows, but seems reasonable enough.

Fatal shooting. This one seems oddly suspicious considering this most recent shooting.

Cop claims the guy was laying in the grass, then pulled a gun on him.

Guys Uncle, who's house he was outside of, said he was unarmed and had just been dropped off there. Guy also only had one hand and one foot.

LOL.

They could change stories 100 times and you'd believe each and every iteration.

An off-duty alleged robbery attempt. Apparently a robber shot at him, he shot back, neither hit each other, and the robber fled. Nobody charged. Either they never were able to find and ID the guy, which is possible, or something a little bit different from that happened. Who knows, but seems reasonable enough.

Fatal shooting. This one seems oddly suspicious considering this most recent shooting.

A random off-duty robbery where they traded rounds sounds like complete bullshit to me....

Why was the suspect placed in the front seat? Article says SOP for that department but that's just a problem waiting to happen (obviously)

If he was on PCP, why in God's name would put him in the front seat???
I can never see that putting a perp in the front seat is a smart move. Call for another cruiser if need-be, but never put him within reach of the officer . . . that's a ticket for trouble.

Yes. Many drugs have unique or distinct smells when they are smoked. Be interesting to hear the rest of the story if we ever do. But people on PCP are literally out of their f***ing minds, it’s a hallucinogen, they get almost super human strength and feel absolutely zero physical pain.
If the allegation is true, likely he tried his superman powers on the officer and if so, with what you stated, I can see him emptying a gun in the perp before he stops the attack.

I can never see that putting a perp in the front seat is a smart move. Call for another cruiser if need-be, but never put him within reach of the officer . . . that's a ticket for trouble.

If the allegation is true, likely he tried his superman powers on the officer and if so, with what you stated, I can see him emptying a gun in the perp before he stops the attack.

Apparently it’s all been sorted out already, no dope, except the cop who shot this guy, for God knows what reason. This should get even more interesting to follow as to why.

Some thoughts I had with the initial story but didn’t voice due to lack of information;

First I’m not familiar with this city/town in question, but I know some states do put their arrestees in the front seat and transport that way for whatever reason. No way I’d ever do it, even more f*** no with someone I suspected of being on Angel Dust (PCP).

If you have someone in custody that’s already being a problem (drunk/violent/both) you call for a wagon (paddy wagon) and throw them in the back so they don’t kick out your back windows or keep trying to spit on you while you’re driving back to HQ. Happens often so you learn quickly to just call a wagon. Easier and safer for everybody.

Now, if this so called cop had any suspicion that this guy was on PCP, he wouldn’t go back to HQ for booking, or even try to transport him, it would be an immediate call to H&H (ambulance) on scene and off you go to the hospital for observation and strapped into a bed for the night with a guard watching over him for everybody’s safety.

I haven’t followed up on the story with any news links, just reading what I’m seeing here, but it sounds like this cop had a couple other shootings as well. So yes, some obvious questions need to be answered by somebody in charge over there as to why this man is now dead, and why was this other guy was still a cop and not already in prison.

The only time I’ve ever been in a police car was when I was left somewhere and was walking on a highly traveled road with no sidewalk and an officer gave me a ride. I’m a pretty big dude and I barely fit in the back. Not completely comfortable but I’m bigger than most and I fit back there. Although there could be different setups in the back.

Peep likely attacked the officer. Possibly biting him or reaching with his cuffed hands for the service firearm. They will investigate and find the truth. Until then he works a desk.
Wrong.

Until then he may work a desk.....but the media and ACLU will portray the officer as a cold blooded killer with zero evidence to go by......just cuz

He may be guilty as f***......he may have been justified. But it takes time and evidence to determine this......yet the special interest groups will state absolute guilt with not a single fact to prove it and drag him through the mud in the process.

I guess I haven't lived a hard enough life, because I can't think of any f***ing universe where someone who is cuffed behind back is getting my gun in any way shape or form. I would let the baddest NES badass attempt it for as long as they want. They can even get jacked up on PCP first.

Wrong.

Until then he may work a desk.....but the media and ACLU will portray the officer as a cold blooded killer with zero evidence to go by......just cuz

He may be guilty as f***......he may have been justified. But it takes time and evidence to determine this......yet the special interest groups will state absolute guilt with not a single fact to prove it and drag him through the mud in the process.

might want to read the follow in story. He was found guilty and will serve his sentence.

might want to read the follow in story. He was found guilty and will serve his sentence.
Not sure what your talking about. The article is from Jan 28......yesterday......and says he was charged with murder. They conducted a trial by jury in 12 hours?

What am I missing?

I guess I haven't lived a hard enough life, because I can't think of any f***ing universe where someone who is cuffed behind back is getting my gun in any way shape or form. I would let the baddest NES badass attempt it for as long as they want. They can even get jacked up on PCP first.

I re-read the article and wonder if it is possible the guy was cuffed in the front? If he was a real big guy, maybe he couldn't be cuffed behind he back without great difficulty. If they had to use two sets of cuffs, maybe he had enough range of motion to try to go for the gun?
The article also says that Officer Stopresisting and another Officer removed the victim from the cruiser to render medical aid? Then took him to the hospital? No mention of an ambulance? This just stinks to high heaven.

To the cops.. I personally do not see how I could grab an officers gun with my hands behind my back then put the officer in enough danger that he could immediately remove it from my hands. However, I’ve never been cuffed. My question is do you think it’s possible for a suspect to remove your gun from your holster and use it on you in the situation that we see here?

Sounds like it could be a fun drinking game. I'll pass on the PCP though, if it's ok with you.
Who wants to go first?

Without the other 2 officers there that could have gone a bit differently.

Back
Top Bottom