hand to hand fighting

An Ezekiel is Paul's go to move.

Though my groin is still really screwed up I'll probably be by tomorrow morning to talk to John. Ryan, right?

That's me!

Yeah Paul got me good with that. I fought it for about 2 seconds, maybe less... And that was it. You'll have to ask him about the new seatbelt grip that transitions to a head and arm choke. John showed it yesterday and it's absolutely clutch.

I showed that to Stu from Cloverleaf today after he improved my shooting game with a 10 minute fix.

I had no idea Barbarian was a tattoo artist... Thought he just really liked ink! Looks awesome!

That's me!

Yeah Paul got me good with that. I fought it for about 2 seconds, maybe less... And that was it. You'll have to ask him about the new seatbelt grip that transitions to a head and arm choke. John showed it yesterday and it's absolutely clutch.

I showed that to Stu from Cloverleaf today after he improved my shooting game with a 10 minute fix.

I had no idea Barbarian was a tattoo artist... Thought he just really liked ink! Looks awesome!

I need to get my combatives game on point with gun game... we'll connect soon bro

That's me!

Nick is the man. He's one of the more sought after tattoo artist in the Nashua area.
Keep an eye on the Triumph facebook page, the hidden group. I'm throwing another Triumph BBQ bash on Aug 29. I had one around Memorial Day and it was a big success. Nick will be there until the sun comes up.

Don't feel bad about the Ezekiel. Paul put Marcotte to sleep with one. Marcotte was snoring.

Last edited:
I need to get my combatives game on point with gun game... we'll connect soon bro

Check out Triumph. Pvt. Cowboy and MMAartist can vouch for it. Not knocking other schools, but just to highlight the pros to Triumph.

It's base is as a BJJ school, but the MMA program is also a big part of the school. They offer classes to suit anyone's schedule. I sleep in the afternoon and evening and Triumph was the only place near me that offered morning classes.

There offerings:
BJJ gi and no-gi
MMA - beginner and advance classes
boxing
Muay Thai

One monthly price, no contract. For the one price(cheaper than the local competitors) you can go to every class every day if your body can handle it.

Don't feel bad about the Ezekiel. Paul put Marcotte to sleep with one. Marcotte was snoring.

Haha nahhhh, I never feel bad about getting tapped. It's part of the learning process. That's also one of the things I like about our school, the ego level is really low. Good group of guys we have there.

I'm so pissed I can't train. I make those morning classes religiously. I should be starting back up around the last week of August when I recover from hernia surgery.

On the bright side, with the free time I now have I hit the range twice this week and went fishing yesterday.

What's with the screen name? Are you military?

Last edited:
I have a 12 and 13 yo and want to get them involved in something practical. There are several Krav Maga and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gyms in the area. Anyone take a course near Dorchester, or take one of these two disciplines?

I vote for Krav Maga. I train at New England Self Defense in Worcester. Great cardio workouts to increase my defensive fitness plus easy to learn skills. I figure this stuff is a foundation to any defensive capabilities.

I have a 12 and 13 yo and want to get them involved in something practical. There are several Krav Maga and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gyms in the area. Anyone take a course near Dorchester, or take one of these two disciplines?

Insert "not this shit again" meme. Jk ;)

Read this thread, my man. You should have your answer.

Never understood why anyone would want to call in rapists with a whistle...

l'll throw in a plug for this school:

http://bostonselfdefense.com/

I trained with them for a few years and thoroughly enjoyed it. While it operates as a you would expect in a martial arts school, it is not a competition style. It is all about practice self defense for the street. It draws on the best techniques from different disciplines and makes use of techniques that are not allowed in competition. It's really a no BS presentation.

another Parker Kenpo guy here. I used to study Saholin in my 20's now in my mid 50's I found a school (teachers) that also study BJJ and and Jeet Kun Do, and some Muay thai, so while we do stay on curriculum etc we do get to mix it up quite a bit.
Once we get through curriculum stuff we do a lot of real world scenarios where we can mix in a ground game and some techniques from other styles.
Plus all of the black/brown belts in my school CCW, so we do quite a bit of hand to hand knife/weapon drills.

My opinion , which is mine , is important. .... Cause it's mine , and I agree with myself. When I was 16 I got punched out , then then started training , never stopped , and am 51 now. The martial art world is full to the brim with delusional crazy.

Find a gym that is fun. Keep going until it isn't. Rinse, Repeat.

In all seriousness ; if it's fun , you'll do it for a long time and learn ...stuff. If it isn't you won't. If you do it for a long time you'll get better. Avoid Personality cults , and financial contracts.

I was only involved in one hand to hand fight in Vietnam.....and that was with an ARVN I caught trying to steal my stuff from my hootch.

He kept trying this funny Kung-Fu shit.......so I hit him on the head with an Entrenching Tool. Head wounds sure bleed a lot![rofl]

My dad told me a story about an ARVN who was actually NVA. He was working as a mechanic and during a fire fight, my dad and his loader encountered him by the tanks - he said it was the one of 3 times he used the 1911 and to this day continues to extol its virtues....because the magazine had jammed, he used it as a blunt force weapon to great effect.

I was only involved in one hand to hand fight in Vietnam.....and that was with an ARVN I caught trying to steal my stuff from my hootch.

He kept trying this funny Kung-Fu shit.......so I hit him on the head with an Entrenching Tool. Head wounds sure bleed a lot![rofl]

BJJ.

You can train every session with an actively resisting opponent. So you just know if things work or not. There is no guessing/wondering. It gives you confidence. You just know that you can handle yourself because every day you train you need to prove it. Started weighing 220 and weigh 185 today. Began training BJJ at 41 and I just got my brown belt. I am addicted.

Back
Top Bottom