1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTS Hand forged Bowie knife

Discussion in 'NES Yard Sale' started by Golddiggie, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Golddiggie

Golddiggie NES Member

Location: Pelham, NH nights and weekends, Ispwich, MA during the work day.

Description: Forged from 5160 steel (leaf spring), annealed, ground, heat treated, tempered, handle material cut and secured (epoxy and brass pins) then shaped. Buffed to a nice shine as well as sharpened to be like a razor. It will cut.

Overall length is 13", with a blade of 8-1/4" to 8-3/8" long, approximately 1/4" width. Handle is black walnut.

This is NOT a factory produced blade, or blank. Everything here came from raw stock. Steel had to be cut from a larger piece, then forged over the span of about three hours to rough shape. Then ground over the course of several/many more hours before it could be heat treated and tempered (also done by me).

I also made the kydex sheath that's included with this. It has a belt clip attached (designed for up to 1-1/2" wide belts) with screws. Sheath is black kydex with black rivets, screws and belt clip.

Accessories: Custom formed kydex sheath included.

Selling Terms: Face to face, in person.

Price: $250 (OBRO, within reason).
    Items willing to take in trade for/towards this: projectiles for 223/5.56, 308 Winchester brass (not 7.61x51 Nato), 308 projectiles, 45 ACP projectiles (plated/jacketed 230gr round nose, 185gr RNHB, 200gr RN), Magpul D60. No 9mm components/supplies. PM me if you have something, worst I'll say is 'no'.

Contact Information: PM me.

Pictures:
    Bowie2Left.jpg Bowie2Right.jpg Bowie2inSheath.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    CrossFaced and 67ray like this.

2. Golddiggie

Golddiggie NES Member

Price reduction...

3. Golddiggie

Golddiggie NES Member

Trades added, price reduced.