Hammer fired SA/DA semi's on a budget (AKA: The CZ 75 Thread)

IMG_20191101_150552.jpg

Practice practice practice. 50 ft slow fire. Was my best Target lol.

Sweet shooting pistol. I'm not sure I'm going to do anything else other than sights (I'd like a fibre optic front post at least).

I'm going to put this set on

I've been looking at CZ75's for several years...I kept looking for a nice used one but whenever they were available, they were either pretty beat up or missing accessories. Even then, the prices were only about 15% less a new one.

Today I broke down and bought a brandy new CZ75 Compact. Put my SIG SP2022 on the block to pay for (most of) it. I liked the SIG except for the llllllloooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg pull on the trigger. The trigger on the Compact is amazing!

The leather holster I bought for the SIG even fits the CZ...bonus!

I might even get a chance to go out and shoot it this week. [mg]

@timbo aside from being a nicer pistol, the CZ 75 compact will hold its value far better than an SP2022. aftermarket for the CZ will allow one to mod it up however they like. I find it a darn shame that Sig abandoned a polymer hammer fired pistol. many of us TDA fans like the SP2022. unfortunately sig is obviously not committed to the platform.

@timbo aside from being a nicer pistol, the CZ 75 compact will hold its value far better than an SP2022. aftermarket for the CZ will allow one to mod it up however they like. I find it a darn shame that Sig abandoned a polymer hammer fired pistol. many of us TDA fans like the SP2022. unfortunately sig is obviously not committed to the platform.

I agree...totally. I loved the SIG but...

In the end, it was SIG's red headed step child and while it was really a nice firearm, there was really not all that much support for it. I found a site that sells a set of springs for the CZ that lightens the trigger pull by almost half. You would've never found that for the 2022. Like the 2022, it does have the decocker which I prefer. By virtue of the decocker mechanicals inside, it will always be a little harder than one with just a 1911 style safety but not that much.

I can't wait to get out and shoot it. I was hoping to do that today but after stripping it, cleaning it and then other crap I had to do today, I was starting to lose light. By the time I made it to the range, it would've been pretty much dark. Hopefully next weekend.

Went to the range and tightened the sight up.
IMG_20191122_144145.jpg
I still have my own issues to work through, but this pistol is great offhand. I think I should improve my score in league next year.

Modesty prevents me from saying how many CZ handguns and rifles I have. However, by comparison, you're a rank amateur...

:)

Ouch!!! Lol

I came late to the CZ party. As I stated some place above, I normally hate DA/SA guns. So these were never on my radar (however I waited about a year to finally get my TSO)

I’m coming around. lol.

Big CZ fan here. I have 5 different models, including the Shadow 2 which I love. Recently a friend of mine got a 75 Tactical Sport Orange.
It's a spectacular gun and now I'm tempted. But do I need a Tactical Sport in addition to the Shadow 2? Are the differences that significant?
Comments welcome. Thank you.

Big CZ fan here. I have 5 different models, including the Shadow 2 which I love. Recently a friend of mine got a 75 Tactical Sport Orange.
It's a spectacular gun and now I'm tempted. But do I need a Tactical Sport in addition to the Shadow 2? Are the differences that significant?

I have both. The TSO has largely replaced my Shadow 2. However I’m not getting rid of it.

But for most shooting I could be totally content with the shadow 2.

Yeah, lots of differences. And TSO is the one CZ that I’ve done nothing to, except putting the shadow 2 extended safety on.

Just remember, the mags are not the same as the shadow. So add that and a holster the the total.

I'm going to put this set on

What's the thinking w/ having dark rear sights? I've also seen all black sights, what's up with that?

310_055__43577.1553193032.jpg

I like black rear sights. This isn't a carry gun, not a nightstand gun, no need for quick acquisition that would require low light sights. The front fiber sight is great on my shitty eyes....

Maybe I read this wrong. But most of the current competition sights are red fiber front and solid black in back.

I have adopted this and it’s my preference.

Dawson’s seem to be the go to. And what I prefer.

I have an older 1911 with the black on black bo-mar (bob-mary) sights.

we all have a preference.

if you break into my house, not sure I’ll try to align my night sights perfectly. Just saying....

What's the thinking w/ having dark rear sights? I've also seen all black sights, what's up with that?

View attachment 315031
I like a fiber optic front sight and an all-black rear. I don’t want dots on my rear sight to attract my eye to the rear sight.

For bullseye shooting, all black front sight is best. The black sight gives you good contrast against the buff target, and for bullseye you don’t need to sight quickly. For action shooting or defensive purposes, I prefer a dot on my front sight so that I can quickly acquire the front sight.

I prefer a narrow front sight and a rear sight with a wide notch. That helps me quickly acquire the front sight. For bullseye, I might use a narrower rear notch.

The whole site thing is like what tie or purse to buy. It is about what's in fashion, and you follow what everyone else is doing, based on the "latest and greatest". This is according to the people who sell sights, who just so happen to come out with new ideas every so often for some reason.

The whole site thing is like what tie or purse to buy. It is about what's in fashion, and you follow what everyone else is doing, based on the "latest and greatest". This is according to the people who sell sights, who just so happen to come out with new ideas every so often for some reason.
I’ve tried many different types of sites over the years. My preference is based on personal experience.

A lot of people like the Novak rear sight. I’ve tried and I hate it. Same for the XS Big Dot sight. I’ve tried them and they don’t work for me. YMMV.

I like a fiber optic front sight and an all-black rear. I don’t want dots on my rear sight to attract my eye to the rear sight.

i also preferred a blacked out rear until I learned how to shoot 3 dot sights while keeping focal plane on the target. now i don't even focus on the sights unless i'm trying to take a precision shot or something past say 25 yards. it's funny how we have to learn all the rules to then break them.

CoastieRon - You are going to die in a gunfight.

I can't believe you would be so stupid as to replace nice tall sights with a slick rear sight that prevents you from racking your slide one handed, with your weak hand while covered in blood behind cover after doing a tactical reload while holding a mag in your teeth.

Concealed carriers have to do this every day. You are so so so screwed. Put that tall marsocOperatorSwatSealSOW rear sight back on before you get yourself killed.

Oh wait, this is a range gun. It doesn't matter. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

And remember 2 is 1. And 1 is none. And a handgun is just for fighting your way to your rifle.

Wow. Ron. It looks like you put that same Novak style sight on your 48. You are definitely going to die.

;-)

Wow. Ron. It looks like you put that same Novak style sight on your 48. You are definitely going to die.

;-)

I just had a good chuckle.

LLF - I have a Shadow 2 and am looking for a suppressor-ready compact - can't decide between P-07 or P-10C - do you have either or both of these? I know most would just say "buy both" but I'm also looking at the Scorpion EVO later.

LLF - I have a Shadow 2 and am looking for a suppressor-ready compact - can't decide between P-07 or P-10C - do you have either or both of these? I know most would just say "buy both" but I'm also looking at the Scorpion EVO later.
I don't have either the P-07 or the P-10C. My CZ collection consists of the 75 BD, 75 Compact, RAMI, Shadow 2 and 75 P-01. I'm partial to the P-01 as it is very accurate for a compact gun. I put Truglo sights on the 75, 75 Compact and the P-01. Unfortunately suppressors are not allowed in my state (MA) so I have not considered any firearms equipped for suppressors.

Back
Top Bottom