Ham Radio License Courses

qwert77

NES Member
We have Technician and General Classes coming up soon. These classes are great for all ages but mostly middle school and up.

Follow the links below:
Weekend Technician Classes

5-Day Technician Classes

Weekend General Classes

Weekend Tech and General run on Saturday, 9 am – 4 pm and Sunday, 9 am to noon., followed by the FCC Technician exam at noon, at New England Sci-Tech, 16 Tech Circle, Natick.

Amateur Extra Study Sessions

The Extra course runs most Thursday evenings, 6:00-9:00 p.m., as a combination “study group” and lecture by experienced instructors. Study group meets 6:00-7:00, lecture runs 7:00-8:15 approximately, and remainder of time is Q&A with instructors or more study group. Regular homework reading and study is necessary to get the best results from this course.

All courses take place in Natick MA at the New England Sci-Tech Makerspace.
16 Tech Circle
Natick, MA 01760

Please check out our main website for other activities:
New England Sci-Tech – Where New Ideas Are Launched

Follow us on Facebook:
New England Sci-Tech

Feel free to PM me or reply here for questions or contact us on our website and facebook.

Thanks,

Ted

Last edited:
Is it to late to sign up for the general class? Only reason I ask is it says they send you materials a week before the class. Just got my tech Friday KC1KVW and want to upgrade before I get too busy again.

Sorry I just saw this. Did you end up signing up?

If you have tech fresh in your head it should be fine.

Is it to late to sign up for the general class? Only reason I ask is it says they send you materials a week before the class. Just got my tech Friday KC1KVW and want to upgrade before I get too busy again.

NEST is a great resource, the radio club there has some nice equipment and very knowledgeable folks as well if you are looking to play on the radios or just learn.

I did sign up and I passed today. They did a great job over there. I do wish I had studied a little more on my own however Bob did great getting me ready for the test.

Congratulations!

Don’t stop there do yourself a favor and learn code. Best thing you can do for a ham radio career.

I’m one of those old codgers that think they should’ve never removed it from the licensing requirement. I believe it added a lot of dedication to obtaining a license. Requires a person to give up quite a bit of time and energy to actually learn something new more than just a technical aspects. I try to encourage all the new hams I come in contact with to learn code on their own even though it’s not required anymore.

AE1Y

Well, my 17 year old passed the Technician today, my 10 year old did not but he will study some more and my 13 year old DNF (didn’t make it through the whole class). Thanks NESC for a great Tech Class.

Jim
Question. I’ve got a ten year to get through this exam.

What would you change with his/her study habits to get the license?

Question. I’ve got a ten year to get through this exam.

What would you change with his/her study habits to get the license?
My guy joined at the last minute s he had no exposure. The first day is really long for the little ones (8:30-5:00). There are some really great apps that help quiz you on the questions. Once he is comfortable he will retake.

Well, my 17 year old passed the Technician today, my 10 year old did not but he will study some more and my 13 year old DNF (didn’t make it through the whole class). Thanks NESC for a great Tech Class.

Jim
My guy joined at the last minute s he had no exposure. The first day is really long for the little ones (8:30-5:00). There are some really great apps that help quiz you on the questions. Once he is comfortable he will retake.

We also offer a 5 day course which usually makes it easier for younger students to pace themselves vs the weekend "crash course."

We have Technician and General Classes coming up soon. These classes are great for all ages but mostly middle school and up.

Follow the links below:
Weekend Technician Classes

5-Day Technician Classes

Weekend General Classes

Weekend Tech and General run on Saturday, 9 am – 4 pm and Sunday, 9 am to noon., followed by the FCC Technician exam at noon, at New England Sci-Tech, 16 Tech Circle, Natick.

Amateur Extra Study Sessions

The Extra course runs most Thursday evenings, 6:00-9:00 p.m., as a combination “study group” and lecture by experienced instructors. Study group meets 6:00-7:00, lecture runs 7:00-8:15 approximately, and remainder of time is Q&A with instructors or more study group. Regular homework reading and study is necessary to get the best results from this course.

All courses take place in Natick MA at the New England Sci-Tech Makerspace.
16 Tech Circle
Natick, MA 01760

Please check out our main website for other activities:
New England Sci-Tech – Where New Ideas Are Launched

Follow us on Facebook:
New England Sci-Tech

Feel free to PM me or reply here for questions or contact us on our website and facebook.

Thanks,

Ted
Is there an other places that are say closer to the North Shore? Tewksbury/Lowell area? I wanna do this course but Natick is a haul for me

Is there an other places that are say closer to the North Shore? Tewksbury/Lowell area? I wanna do this course but Natick is a haul for me
NARS (Nashua Area Radio Society) just did classes for Tech and General. The class for Extra is in 2 weeks and is now wait-listed. IIRC they run them again in the Fall.

Back
Top Bottom