Ham Radio emergency channels

usp45ct

NES Member
Hi...I hope everyone is well.

Please post emergency channels for the NES community.

I live in Western Ma and I am on a baofeng but put them on there for all areas.

I am looking for local, state and federal if possible.

Thanks...and stay healthy.

Anyone familiar with AmRRON? Seems like a cool idea, if the area is dense with operators. I never really dug to far into it.

I have gotten a few emails from people locally looking to make contact, I must have added my email to their site when I found it some years ago.

Anyone familiar with AmRRON? Seems like a cool idea, if the area is dense with operators. I never really dug to far into it.

I have gotten a few emails from people locally looking to make contact, I must have added my email to their site when I found it some years ago.
I'm a member of AmRRON but not very active. I check into their HF nets on occasion but they are usually Sunday nights at 9pm...usually my getting ready to wrap it up time. I have motitored their digital nets too but never joined in. Seems like a good organization but way more active in the redoubt states.

I'm a member of AmRRON but not very active. I check into their HF nets on occasion but they are usually Sunday nights at 9pm...usually my getting ready to wrap it up time. I have motitored their digital nets too but never joined in. Seems like a good organization but way more active in the redoubt states.

Is there any local activity for tech's like a repeater net?

I think the Concord, NH 146.94 repeater still runs the Granite State FM net. I used to be fairly active in that but several of the net control ops have passed on and it kind of died out after they passed but I think it was resurrected a year or two ago. When I was on, it was at 2000 hours or maybe 2100. I can't remember.

EDIT: here's some info I just found on line: NEDECN – New England Digital Emergency Communications Network

Last edited:
Ed, send me a PM or Email. I have that info in NH and I can forward it to you. If you have a Baofeng and use Chirp, I might be able to help you there too. Otherwise, check www.n1fd.org. NARS runs a net and has a list of local repeaters in SE NH.

DMR is also Very active in the area. Off the top of my head, NARS runs their net on Sunday evenings and DMR on Monday evenings.

I have a dual band DMR handheld, TYT something or other. It was super cheap from MTC some time ago. I suppose the pending quarantine will be a good time to figure out how to use it.

I have a dual band DMR handheld, TYT something or other. It was super cheap from MTC some time ago. I suppose the pending quarantine will be a good time to figure out how to use it.
Oy! DMR is a bear to program. I had Bill Barber, NE1B program my first one Radioddity and was so frustrated with it that I sold it. I bought an Anytone 868 and paid for the vendor to program it for me.

Well this is pretty rad. Still don't know heads from tails with the digital stuff, but I am interested if this is a net that covers all of New England.
I don't have any digital radios yet but may look for one this summer so I can learn how it works. All my radios are analog voice.

Well this is pretty rad. Still don't know heads from tails with the digital stuff, but I am interested if this is a net that covers all of New England.
All of the below is wrt DMR only.
Go to this page and note who designed the pyramid. JFR is/was a member here on NES and is a great guy who is very busy these days.

If you go here for MA repeaters you can get them all (drill down on a repeater and it will tell you info on their net).
. . . and here for NH repeaters

When I'm in SE MA I can pick up NE1B's Monday night (8PM) net from the Boston repeater. When I'm in NH I can pick up the same net from a local (Hudson or Derry) repeater.

The following is agnostic . . . it will show you all repeaters and if they are digital it will tell you the format (DMR, D-star or Fusion).

Back
Top Bottom