• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Halloween postponed?

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Good, except my town isn't listed.

It's an event that has little kids and their parents walking around the neighborhood (at little kid speeds) wearing all kinds of stupid shit, carrying bags, going up and down strange steps/walkways in the dark, etc. Why not postpone it for an inch of rain, if that's actually the forecast? It's bad enough that it happens basically in the dark when people are still trying to get home from work, adding rain just ups the chances of a kid getting squished.

The only people put out are the ones rushing home from work to hand out candy. It's just moving it from one shitty midweek night to another.

deerdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They even have set times. Is this so they dont mix with the crackheads that come out after dark? How about designating some safe trick or treat sites where they can have their candy under strict supervision. :rolleyes:

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They even have set times. Is this so they dont mix with the crackheads that come out after dark? How about designating some safe trick or treat sites where they can have their candy under strict supervision. :rolleyes:
A lot of places - including this town here in Connecticut - now have "Trick-n-Trunk" events. These also have very strict rules about who's allowed to be there, when to arrive, when you'll be allowed to leave, etc.

Personally, I don't think it's advisable to let children think getting candy out of people's trunks is a Good Idea.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 8 and 5 year old kids are going to trick or treat two nights now!!

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Let's see. You buy a pile of candy to give to other kids. Your kids come home with a pile of candy. Now you need to postpone the random candy exchange???

Everyone stay the F home. Move on. Go to a party somewhere if your kid NEEDS to ToT. I'm 99% sure they don't care. They'd just as much appreciate YOUR candy.

Whether my town is on the map or not, go F themselves for "postponing." Sorry. Sucks to be you. Everyone gets at least one rainy Halloween a childhood.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
My 6 and 4 year old, and by extension my 2 year old, have been looking forward to halloween for months. The 4 year old has been in a proper frenzy for the past week. Handing them the candy we bought to give out would be like giving them gift cards from santa. For the little kids it's a big deal. Screw the teens who go ToTing.

It was the snowy halloweens that always stood out.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Plenty of open parties out there if you don’t wanna get wet. Churches. Schools. Etc., no reason to force a postponement on anyone.

My old church did an indoor Trunk-or-Treat one year. Worked out just fine. Lots of people came b/c of the poor weather.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Since when do local governments and/or PDs get to set any limits on a purely private activity, with absolutely no stake in the game? If one wants to put on a silly costume and knock on a random strangers door and ask for stuff, the only one who should be saying 'no' should be the random stranger. Formalizing it to a particular day of the year was not a government act, nor should it be one controlled by gov.

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think having the ankle bitters out in pouring rain and shitty visabilty with 50 mph wind gusts probably isn't a great idea.
Another day or two won't kill em.

Reactions: KVX

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of places - including this town here in Connecticut - now have "Trick-n-Trunk" events. These also have very strict rules about who's allowed to be there, when to arrive, when you'll be allowed to leave, etc.

Personally, I don't think it's advisable to let children think getting candy out of people's trunks is a Good Idea.
Trick-n-Trunk? Do they also have a You-Scream-Truck 🍧🍦going around in the summer?

Blackmore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
This morning they had a Nashua cop-ette on WMUR justify the postponement there because the high winds might blow a big branch out of a tree onto a child! I nearly puked.

Top Bottom