• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Half-Rigged;" two new 7.65mm German Holsters.

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
For my half of our anniversary present, I got two more marked German 7.65mm holsters from IMA; hand selected to get the dates I wanted. For the 1940 Sauer 38H, I received a 1940 'cny' marked holster (C. Pose, Berlin). For the 1942 Mauser HSc, I received a 1941 (latest date available) 'cxb' marked holster (Joseph Mall, Goch - North Westphalia, near the Netherlands border). Now I need another original magazine for each, and all my German 7.65s will be fully rigged.

The 1941 holster is very stiff, and was actually a little moldy - at least it looked that way, and could also use a little seam restitching. A light cleaning with saddle soap took out the marks and stains. I got another three pairs of those plastic lever set hooks, and they worked very well in displaying the holsters, using large white plastic coated paper clips as the connectors. I also got a third modern clip-on Nylon holster with mag pouch for carrying (third from the bottom, left side).

010.jpg

008.jpg

I spent the last hour sewing the gap shut, trying to push the needle through the old holes, using a set of needle-nose lock pliers. Broke one needle doing it, but the gap is shut.

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

MS

Last edited:
I was out of Pecard's. Haven't run across any lately; I would like to touch up all my leathers some point soon.

MS

Ray, thanks for the link; I ordered an 8oz.

Last edited:
I notice you do not store your guns in the leather. Is that a storage issue are is it not a good think to keep the guns in their holsters? I keep mine stored the the holsters but have always wondered what was best.

I have heard that prolonged storage in a holster will lead to some discoloration. Besides, I like to see the pistols displayed and it makes for easier handling.

MS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom