• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hadn't seen it posted yet - M&P Shield now with 13 rounds

My wife carries a Shield 9. Nice little gun. It definitely has a market. I am sure she will be interested in the new model.

Personally, I agree with @jkelly1229. At some point you just move the full size M&P to get more capacity. My edc is the M&P 9 CORE. I love this gun, and wouldn't trade it for a Shield, mostly because my hands are too big. The Shield definitely good for the ladies as an edc and it seems it is being marketed as such. Gawd, I just hope they phase out their Bodyguards...

I'd try one. The Shield is the worst pistol I have ever shot, whether in stock configuration or with various tweaks the owner has made. It sounds like they made some other improvements apart from just the capacity. I really can't see myself ever buying one, but I'd give it a chance to redeem itself.

I don't get it.. I'm dumb for sure... but at that point I'm just carrying a g19.

It's like every one was trying to get smaller then work their way back up to that size.
It’s 21% shorter, 15% thinner, and 10% less tall than a G19 🤷‍♂️

This Shield+ is the same length as the normal shield, the same height, but is 16% thicker (still 15% thinner than the wide G19) at 1.1” vs 0.96” of the original shield. In the virtually identical package, you’re now getting 10/13 rounds instead of the 7/8 of the original. Still much smaller than the G19.

The real question is if you’d want to carry this over a P365/P365XL or a G43X(with or without a Shield Arms 15rd mag).

Last edited:
Strange they all look eerily alike, isn't it?? Just based on looks alone, I think I might be partial to the Ruger. I won't BUY one. I've got a 365 but honestly would prefer any of my Glocks over it just for feel alone. Sure 10rds vs 8 or 9 or whatever in a Glock is nice. But not that nice. And as said above, in all reality, I'd rather have a G19 than anything. Or a 23. Because I'm man enough for it. ;)

It’s 21% shorter, 15% thinner, and 10% less tall than a G19 🤷‍♂️

This Shield+ is the same length as the normal shield, the same height, but is 16% thicker (still 15% thinner than the wide G19) at 1.1” vs 0.96” of the original shield. In the virtually identical package, you’re now getting 10/13 rounds instead of the 7/8 of the original. Still much smaller than the G19.

The real question is if you’d want to carry this over a P365/P365XL or a G43X(with or without a Shield Arms 15rd mag).
Ok I mean length doesn't matter much.. you can get a 26 if you're interested in the smaller barrel
The rest equals out with the extra rounds

My wife carries a Shield 9. Nice little gun. It definitely has a market. I am sure she will be interested in the new model.

Personally, I agree with @jkelly1229. At some point you just move the full size M&P to get more capacity. My edc is the M&P 9 CORE. I love this gun, and wouldn't trade it for a Shield, mostly because my hands are too big. The Shield definitely good for the ladies as an edc and it seems it is being marketed as such. Gawd, I just hope they phase out their Bodyguards...
Or that yeah whatever your flavor du jur is mp... 320...fn

Ok I mean length doesn't matter much.. you can get a 26 if you're interested in the smaller barrel
The rest equals out with the extra rounds
Length doesn’t matter much.... okay, but it’s smaller in every dimension. The 26 is way too chonky and awkward. Especially when the P365 exists. This is a good deal thinner than the G26 and the grip is a nice compromise length.

Bottom line though, these new higher capacity subcompacts are NOT getting bigger into G19 territory, they’re just increasing a tiny bit in width to increase magazine capacity considerably.

Length doesn’t matter much.... okay, but it’s smaller in every dimension. The 26 is way too chonky and awkward. Especially when the P365 exists. This is a good deal thinner than the G26 and the grip is a nice compromise length.

Bottom line though, these new higher capacity subcompacts are NOT getting bigger into G19 territory, they’re just increasing a tiny bit in width to increase magazine capacity considerably.
I mean idfc I carry a full size g17 or p10f. Idk just to me it seems like their re inventing the wheel to compete with a 19.

If you like it and shoot it well definitely buy it. I'm just saying at this point I'm buying a glock 19.

I don't think they are competing with a g19 at all, they're competing with the 365 which is pretty well established market. Though it's not a market for everyone.
I feel the 365xl which this directly competes with is trying to compete with a 19. Again different strokes and all that I just don't get it

I feel the 365xl which this directly competes with is trying to compete with a 19. Again different strokes and all that I just don't get it
No, it’s competing against the 365. The standard mag in the Shield+ is 10rds. Like the normal P365. You need an extended mag for the 13rds, just like the P365 can take. The standard P365 and the Shield+ have similar lengths and heights. Different than the 365xl.

But I get it, anything smaller than a G17 falls into the same category 😉

No, it’s competing against the 365. The standard mag in the Shield+ is 10rds. Like the normal P365. You need an extended mag for the 13rds, just like the P365 can take. The standard P365 and the Shield+ have similar lengths and heights. Different than the 365xl.

When you have massive hands yeah lol they all feel small... my hands don't even fit on a beretta lol

Yep, still a vapid pile of shit.

"JUST GOT MY APEX TRIGGAH KEHD, TRY IT"

Still squishy dogshit [rofl]

The M&P 2.0s are much better than the original guns, but yeah... that rubber band thing, ick. Hopefully this flat whatever trigger thing will make it into all the guns and flush that
shit out, if its better.

Honestly the bigger mental block for all the newer smith autos for me is the fact that the f***ing rear sight holds fire control parts in the gun. You have to remove the
rear sight to access these parts. That's just f***ing mind numbing. HARD BLOCK.

That's something you think HK would do, but they didn't. You know, a german like thing, where you have to remove the engine from the car to change the timing chain. [rofl]

.... You know, a german like thing, where you have to remove the engine from the car to change the timing chain. [rofl]
I mean, that’s not too bad of a design as long as the engine doesn’t have premature timing chain wear and often require a new chain after 50k miles. ... oh wait 🤦‍♂️

I don't think anything from this class/strata really competes with a 19, P10C, Caracal C, etc, or is even trying to. For people running guns these products are in two
distinctly different lanes. Most people are not going to go into a gun shop and cross shop these two classes of guns. Maybe some newbs will, but someone like you or I? If we go in looking for a G19, a P10C, a Caracal, whatever, or even a P320 ish gun, and the clerk says "sorry out of stock on those" we're not going to saunter over and start thinking about a 365XL as a viable alternative, because it just isn't.

I don't think anything from this class/strata really competes with a 19, P10C, Caracal C, etc, or is even trying to. For people running guns these products are in two
distinctly different lanes. Most people are not going to go into a gun shop and cross shop these two classes of guns. Maybe some newbs will, but someone like you or I? If we go in looking for a G19, a P10C, a Caracal, whatever, or even a P320 ish gun, and the clerk says "sorry out of stock on those" we're not going to saunter over and start thinking about a 365XL as a viable alternative, because it just isn't.
To me it just seems like they keep trying to stuff 15 rounds into a sub compact...but they also keep making it bigger... which you end right back at where you started lol the compact duty gun

To me it just seems like they keep trying to stuff 15 rounds into a sub compact...but they also keep making it bigger... which you end right back at where you started lol the compact duty gun

It's a space efficiency slide puzzle game they are doing to attract newbs and gun trendies. The idea being if you give potential buyers more spots to land you increase the odds of them buying one of your products. As f***ing dumb as I think the overall concept wise (eg, nobody actually needs most of this crap) from an industry/marketing/sales perspective, it works. I've seen it in action. If I owned a gun shop even pre covid I would stock as many of those things as I could afford.

Think of a friend, a car salesman loafing in an office chair during lunch time, chewing a carrot stick intermittently.... noone is in the showroom, but he is talking to you. He points out to the line of Rav4/CRV/Souls or whatever on the lot.... "See those things over there? Those are the dumbest f***ing cars on the entire lot. But I love me some crossover action...... that shit makes my paycheck. Would I ever own one? f*** no. But they sell like f***ing hotcakes. "

Experienced buyers have little interest in that stuff... well, some do, because good reasons. The people slugging down the brawndo? Woah Hoa! They want it, bad!

MUNDANO!

mundano.jpeg

cue dat music

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Iv-hZIPUD8

Any of u here own both shield 9mm and shield .40? I want to know if the .40 barrel will fit into the 9mm gun
No. .40 has a 10mm diameter, that means you'd lose .5mm of wall on the barrel. Theoretically you could get a conversion barrel to put 9mm in the 40 model. In either case, you'd want to change your magazines as well. Quickly it's almost cheaper to buy another gun.

I think what I'm hearing is "all look same"?

Any of u here own both shield 9mm and shield .40? I want to know if the .40 barrel will fit into the 9mm gun

This doesn't work because the breechface for the 9mm is smaller than .40. You'd need an entire new upper to have a remote chance to make that work. Not that you would want to anyways, because its a stupid idea. .40 in guns in this class is just reaaaaaaly f***ing stupid to begin with. (and this isnt borne of my.40 hate, either, its just obvious to anyone whose ever used a small gun in .40 before ) There's a whole bunch of very good reasons why Sig, Glock, and others don't make this class of guns in .40. The demand is low, and calibers like .40 and 357 sig are terrible for that kind of application. Those calibers demand guns with at least as much mass as a G27, 33, 23, 32, etc. or larger. Anything smaller/lighter than that gets very retarded, very fast.

Back
Top Bottom