• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Had a Weird experience today at DD

Well i wouldnt say it was weird just alittle enlightening. I was heading home after working the overnight in lawrence and i decided to stop at my usual dunkins on andover st. Walked in, and noticed two men wearing collared shirts and ties, and they were open carrying, didnt see any badges on their belts. So im standing behind them and say "awesome, im glad to see you guys open carrying" they turned around, looked at me and went back to placing their orders.....at first i didnt notice but they were wearing ID cards around their neck, with what looked like an official seal on it, didnt want to spend any more time staring trying to see what they were so i quietly said "o wait your cops.....it doesnt really count anymore" i was wicked tired and prolly should have kept my mouth shut in the first place. Has any one else ever have an experience like this? i felt like an ass when they left.

i would have normally said nothing but i was tired from working the overnight and not really thinking straight haha, ive dealt with ICE agents before but they usually had on real badges around there neck not plastic IDs,, they prolly were tactical CPAs working for the IRS

This sounds just like that thread with the "Were you the guy with the GOAL hat at the supermarket?!?!?!?!" [rofl]

-Mike

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have said anything, but I'm anti-social like that..

Neither would I, although I don't think of it as anti social. In MA, just about anyone "open carrying" is going to be LE of some sort. Most of the guys I see are trooopers and they always have their badge in front of their holster. Other guys are Boston PD, and you can tell they are cops more by the Motorola portable in their back pocket than by anything else. [smile]

You should have tried to grab one of the guns. Bet you would have woken right up.

On another note, didn't realize people still drank Dunks.

myofb

is it really that hard? that said, the majority of the people i've seen open carry (plain clothes) have been sheriffs dept personnel and / or constaples [thinking]

[rofl]

They must have been wearing their concealed carry permit badge around their necks..... Love those things...

I thought you were gonna say they accidentally made the donuts without holes and needed a trigger man to rectify the situation.

They were probably little tactical umbrellas. Maybe you can buy them with holsters or something.

Yeah, like these below. They are banned at Burlington Mall.
[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

21abmgn.jpg

[laugh2][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

On another note, didn't realize people still drank Dunks.

Twice a day.

the DD employees were alittle thrown back, i could hear them mutter something in spanish about the guys with guns,

Probably Portuguese, I'd say 90% of South Americans working at Dunks on the North Shore & Merrimack Valley are from Brazil.

Back
Top Bottom