• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Had a little excitement when I got home last night from work...

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
I turned the corner off a crossroad to head to my house last night and there were about 20 cops of all flavors surrounding my neighborhood...I got through just before they blockaded Route 3, pulled into my driveway where a NHSP was sitting. He asked if I lived here to which I replied yes and asked what in the hell was going on. He told me to get in the house and lock my doors.

First thing I did was arm myself with something more than my .380 and turned on the scanner. There I heard there was a shooting and the perp was holed up in his house across the street. I know the family...the boys have always been trouble, cops in and out of there constantly when they were teenagers. They were running a bull horn for about 45 minutes and the guy apparently gave himself up without a problem.

The amount of M4's and other firepower I saw, I think it was one of the smarter things he's done. I'm guessing he will be ensconced at the gray-bar motel for a while. Knowing this family, it was most likely drug related.

Boscawen Man Accused Of Shooting At Another Man After Altercation

It doesn't matter where you live, eventually something like this will be coming to a neighborhood near you and yours. Unfortunately, dysfunction has become the norm.

Just glad you & your family are OK and nobody got hurt. I hope the perp's family manages to get those boys under control so everybody can just relax and enjoy their peace and quiet.

not as good as the op's experience, my across the street neighbors just moved in several years ago and a car pulled up out front and put 3 rounds into the front of the house. i speculate they were aiming into the house via the front window and missed badly. the 3 holes are still there, filled with duct seal. i asked the woman if the cops had any leads and she said they weren't involved cause that would have opened another can of worms. good thing i keep to myself.

Sigh

I'll not go into situations in my neighborhood, other than to mentions the participants all use "English as a Second Language".

... last night ... there were about 20 cops of all flavors surrounding my neighborhood...I ... pulled into my driveway where a NHSP was sitting. ... He told me to get in the house and lock my doors.
NHSP FTW.
In Watertown they would have arrested you for your own safety.

First thing I did was arm myself with something more than my .380 ... on the scanner ... I heard there was a shooting and the perp was holed up in his house across the street.
So how did the weekend project go?
(To sandbag a living room overwatch observation post, I mean).

NHSP FTW.
In Watertown they would have arrested you for your own safety.

So how did the weekend project go?
(To sandbag a living room overwatch observation post, I mean).

I looked for my sandbags but couldn't find them...[wink]

It went pretty uneventful...as soon as I went in the house they blocked the road for about an hour. I opened one of the windows so I could hear some of what was going on...they kept yelling at people to get back in their houses...People really are stupid...here's an armed guy in a house, easily within range of hitting any one of these curious idiots and they have to be told to go inside.

They were on their bullhorn for about 45 minutes and the guy came out eventually. Probably one of the smartest things he's done in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom