• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hack / Attack from firearms forums

Scrivener

Banned
I have gotten warnings of attempted attacks on my computer (Go! Norton AV) when trying to access The High Road and 1911 Forum. While the attacks were supposedly deterred, I could not access either site.

Anyone else notice this?

Haven't noticed it, however it would make sense that you wouldn't be able to access the sites after the attack was blocked. Your firewall most likely added a rule to block traffic to and from those domain's or IP's.

Adam

What kind of attacks Scrivener? I've been getting alerts that the Helkern virus is trying to get me, but my A-V stops it.

Norton wasn't specific; I just got the same message - that an attack had been repelled - when trying to access each site. An immediately subsequent attempt to log on simply froze, but I was later able to access both w/o difficulty.

Don't know what it was, but a scan showed no infections. [wink]

probobly just a false positive from your intrusion detection , its not a virus alert.
i have nortons internet security professional and get no such warning from teh high road.
theres tons of junk traffic that your computer recieves as regular duty that can be misinterpreted as an attack.

Scrivener said:
I have gotten warnings of attempted attacks on my computer (Go! Norton AV) when trying to access The High Road and 1911 Forum. While the attacks were supposedly deterred, I could not access either site.

Anyone else notice this?

Wasn't the High Road shut down a month ago after a hacker penetration? Maybe it was Greybeard. I think I'll avoid the first temptation to rush over to 1911 to check it out!

Back
Top Bottom