• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

H484 In Vermont This Can't Be Real

I did a search and couldn't find this posted anywhere. I noticed this in the current copy of Hawkeye. Apparently this has been tried before in Vermont and wasn't succesful. They'll just keep trying until they are. Apparently they will link ammo to environmental hazards and try to ban all sales, distribution, and ownership in the state. This is classic "Rules For Radicals" tactics. Too hard to ban firearms so come after ammo. I find it hard to think they could possibly succeed at pulling this off.

Proposed Legislation Could Ban All Ammunition in Vermont!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!

The House Fish, Wildlife & Water Resources Committee is currently considering legislation (H. 484) which could potentially ban the sale and use of virtually all ammunition in Vermont. The bill would require the Secretary of Natural Resources to set up a program to identify and ban the distribution of certain toxic chemicals. During questioning before the House committee regarding the potential impact of H. 484, Department of Environmental Conservation Deputy Commissioner Justin Johnson said that it was foreseeable that the enactment of this legislation could outlaw the ammunition you use for hunting, plinking, or self-defense.

Following Commissioner Johnson's testimony, proponent Charity Carbine of the Vermont Public Interest Research Group (VPIRG), testified and did not challenge the commissioner's assertion that H. 484 could result in the banning of ammunition.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/read.aspx?id=5337

This has about as much chance of being enacted in Vermont as unlicensed carry in Massachusetts (which Vermont has). That is to say none, nada, zip, zero, zilch.

I did a search and couldn't find this posted anywhere. I noticed this in the current copy of Hawkeye. Apparently this has been tried before in Vermont and wasn't succesful. They'll just keep trying until they are. Apparently they will link ammo to environmental hazards and try to ban all sales, distribution, and ownership in the state. This is classic "Rules For Radicals" tactics. Too hard to ban firearms so come after ammo. I find it hard to think they could possibly succeed at pulling this off.

Proposed Legislation Could Ban All Ammunition in Vermont!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!

The House Fish, Wildlife & Water Resources Committee is currently considering legislation (H. 484) which could potentially ban the sale and use of virtually all ammunition in Vermont. The bill would require the Secretary of Natural Resources to set up a program to identify and ban the distribution of certain toxic chemicals. During questioning before the House committee regarding the potential impact of H. 484, Department of Environmental Conservation Deputy Commissioner Justin Johnson said that it was foreseeable that the enactment of this legislation could outlaw the ammunition you use for hunting, plinking, or self-defense.

Following Commissioner Johnson's testimony, proponent Charity Carbine of the Vermont Public Interest Research Group (VPIRG), testified and did not challenge the commissioner's assertion that H. 484 could result in the banning of ammunition.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/read.aspx?id=5337

That one went down pretty hard last time. VT has conservatives, problem is they were living and letting others live. Then the dirty hippies that moved there to be left alone went and got elected and got jobs in all the state agencies. Gun laws are in the state Constitution and as such they are safe, plus I think they figured out that if they left guns alone they could pass anything else no matter how moonbeam and they have. VT is falling all over itself to out progressive everyone else, they are on progressive bender up there they just overruled the RINO governor on the budget last session got their man in the bighouse and are high on rainbows and unicorn farts. It probably won't pass but it I wouldn't count it out.

Back
Top Bottom