1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

H. Ross Perot won't be down for breakfast...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by richc, Jul 9, 2019.

1. FormerlyIndifferent

FormerlyIndifferent

Voted for Perot. First election I was old enough to vote in.

I had wanted Bush 41 to be Reagan's third and fourth terms (I missed by a very small amount, being able to vote for 41 in 1988) but it was entirely obvious to me by 1992 that he wasn't anything close to Reagan, and, that he was an aloof, big-government neocon (before I knew that "neocon" was even a word to describe the "off"...thing...about 41, that I was sensing: that he was essentially a NWO puppet on a string, to who-ever was really running things).

Perot had some brains and some balls and said the right things.

I had no idea of Stockdale's history at the time, and wondered why Perot picked such a "clumsy old man". That clumsy old man thing, was of course not reality, but was how the MSM painted him. There was no internet back then. What the nightly news and the newspapers said, was "it". He's clumsy and old and incompetent? Must be true if it was in the papers or on TV. But I was so captivated by, and confident in, Perot...that I figured he knew what he was doing when it came to selecting a VP.

Some time later, Dennis Miller in one of his shows, defended James Stockdale. If you've not seen this, it's worth a watch:

2. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

He was right about government debt, but he wanted to "tax the rich" to fix it, and he was dead wrong about that.