• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

H.R.5103 - Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act of 2018

jason19711971

NES Member
Shown Here:
Introduced in House (02/27/2018)

Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act of 2018

This bill amends the Internal Revenue Code, with respect to the excise tax on the sale of firearms by manufacturers, producers, or importers, to: (1) increase the rate of such tax to 20% on pistols, revolvers, and other firearms and on any lower frame or receiver for a firearm; and (2) impose a 50% tax on shells and cartridges. The bill exempts any department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States from such tax.

The bill allocates revenues from the increased excise tax under this bill for law enforcement and public safety grant programs, including programs for research on gun violence and its prevention.

The bill: (1) increases the occupational tax on importers, manufacturers, and dealers in firearms and the transfer tax on firearms; and (2) modifies the definition of "firearm" for excise tax purposes to include a semiautomatic pistol chambered for cartridges and configured with receivers commonly associated with rifles and capable of accepting detachable magazines.

H.R.5103 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act of 2018

What a pile of excrement. This is the crap they come up with to keep our children safe? Another f***ing tax!?!

If this isn’t intentionally dividing the country into 2 distinct classes, then I don’t know what is. Best to fight this shit bill as Democrats denying poor people the ability to protect themselves. So, only bodyguards of the rich are able to protect themselves.

Why is it I feel another repeat of Apr 12, 1861 – May 13, 1865.
Instead this time it will truly be about slavery!

The will of the political elitist vs the people that have no say of the protections and losses of their own civil rights!

You know the elitist are truly afraid of a people with the will, means and determination to fight back. A determined people can never be beaten.
Just ask the British of the 1700's..

Just look at our past wars.
Look at how they can be exempt from being conscripted if they have enough wealth and or the right political/govt. connections.
You don't think the college exemption was put in there so poor people wouldn't have to be forced to fight a war they didn't wish to be involved with?

What is a politician anyways?
When did we somehow give them the right to decide a free peoples fate?
Why have we allowed their positions to be so powerful that they can enslave their own people with a stroke of a pen for nothing more than their own job security?

Not once in my life have I ever wished another mans freedoms be removed because of something I may believe in.
But in the America of today that is all that the politicians do!

See the affluent will always get the less fortunate to do the dirty work of physically protecting them.
Somehow their lives are of more value than the lowly serfs they keep around to protect them.
Sure they will praise the lowly serf of the honorable job they do in keeping them safe.
But they always want the lowly serfs to be disarmed.
Because of the fear of that one day when the servant decides to become his own master!

The day when the serfs say you will be responsible for your own protections as I am done doing such work for others that are incapable of doing it for themselves!

An elitist worst nightmare will become reality.
Where a lowly man with more physical strength or being proficient in arms can enslave them due to their own weakness!

Since the beginning of time this has always been and will continue to be!

The common sense laws they talk about today are for the serfs benefit...[bs2]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom