• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

H.r. 1384

If this passes, is there anything MA can do short of banning pistols?

Finaly, I will be able to buy all those pistols at Kittery without having to do some kind of juggling act.

Mod Hat On!

A small request. When you post something like this, please also post a brief description of what the bill is about and whether Fed'l or State. Otherwise folks have to go off to do research before they can respond to your post.

Thanks.

I'm going to take a stab at what I THINK you mean, as I don't have time right now to do research on what this bill is about.

I think it is the Fed'l Bill to allow purchase of handguns across state lines from FFLs.

- It doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of passing in the next 10 years! Every sting that the NYC/Boston Mayor or NY/MA/CA AG does is designed for the bad press to the gun industry and each one drives nails in the coffin of any reform legislation that would make purchases easier for common citizens.

- Easy answer to your question. MA AG or legislature would pass a law making possession of any gun not approved by them to be illegal for common citizens of PRM! Problem solved! [rolleyes]

Link to the bill
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.R.1384:

Firearm Commerce Modernization Act (Introduced in House)

HR 1384 IH

109th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 1384
To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to update certain procedures applicable to commerce in firearms and remove certain Federal restrictions on interstate firearms transactions.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

March 17, 2005
Mr. GINGREY (for himself, Mr. KINGSTON, Mr. BRADLEY of New Hampshire, Mr. JINDAL, Mr. SOUDER, Mr. WILSON of South Carolina, Mr. MARSHALL, Mr. MCCOTTER, Mr. DUNCAN, Mr. MCHENRY, Mr. SESSIONS, Mr. HENSARLING, Mrs. MUSGRAVE, Mr. BARRETT of South Carolina, Mr. WESTMORELAND, and Mr. MILLER of Florida) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL
To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to update certain procedures applicable to commerce in firearms and remove certain Federal restrictions on interstate firearms transactions.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Firearm Commerce Modernization Act'.

SEC. 2. AUTHORITY TO CONDUCT INTERSTATE FIREARMS TRANSACTIONS.

(a) Firearms Dispositions- Section 922(b)(3) of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) by striking `rifle or shotgun' and inserting `firearm'; and

(2) in subparagraph (A)--

(A) by striking `located,' and inserting `located or temporarily located,'; and

(B) by striking `both such States' and inserting `the State in which the transfer is conducted and the State of residence of the transferee'.

(b) Dealer Location- Section 923(j) of such title is amended--

(1) in the first sentence by striking `, and such location is in the State which is specified on the license';

(2) by striking `curios or relics'; and

(3) by adding at the end the following: `A licensee may conduct firearms transfers and business in compliance with applicable State and local law with any person not a licensee at any location at which the licensee may conduct business under this chapter.'.

Back
Top Bottom