H&K VP9

Just finished installing the H&K "Match" trigger kit in my VP 9. What a difference! The original trigger was about 5.5 lbs, the new trigger broke at 3.75 lbs using trigger pull weights (my Lyman electronic gauge is out of service). I think the actual pull is about is no more than 3.5 lbs. There is still some creep but a 3.5 lb trigger makes this problem less of a concern. Also, I think the creep is starting to go away. I haven't gone to the range again so the pistol only has 300 rounds through it, but the dry firing I have done may be improving the trigger. At any rate, the trigger kit has improved the pull to the point that a little creep is more than forgivable. At $19.95 (a lot for two small springs, but still a deal) with easy installation via an H&K video available online, this kit is a good deal unless you wish to stay with 5.5lbs + for a duty or carry gun.

PS I won't be able to complain about the ridiculous 2.7 in long right side slide release any more as I am about to cut it off.

Back
Top Bottom