H&K VP9 with 10lb trigger break

I am about to purchase my first hand gun, the H&K VP9. Being a resident of Massachusetts, I'm unhappy about the prospect of a 10 lb trigger break. If a fella wanted, say..a 5 or 6 pound trigger break, how would he accomplish this? Thanks in advance from a newbie.

That is a good choice for a first gun. I have one and really like it. Also, you are in luck because it is one of the few ma handguns that doesn't have a heavy lb trigger. I believe it's around 5 1/2 lbs. Other ma guns you need to do a trigger job on to get it down to that and get the feel that the VP9 has stock.

mccormick-on-phone.jpg

Yes it is! Call me!

Last edited:
I am about to purchase my first hand gun, the H&K VP9. Being a resident of Massachusetts, I'm unhappy about the prospect of a 10 lb trigger break. If a fella wanted, say..a 5 or 6 pound trigger break, how would he accomplish this? Thanks in advance from a newbie.

Send it to Gray Guns and pay them $400. It's the only way!!!

I have a vp9 in ma it comes stock with a 6.5lbs trigger, there is a match grade spring you can buy that lightens it up to about 3.5 to 4 lbs.

I don't get it, how could a little trigger weigh 5x what the actual gun weighs ?? Is this a Mass compliancy thing ?

the canik TP9 is a PPQ/P99 knockoff. $250 less than VP9 and far better trigger. this dude hits nail on the head:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no MA version of the VP9, and no 10 lb trigger version, you've been mis-informed. Mass gets the same 6.5 lb version everyone else gets, except for the mags.

As Varmint and Ink said. I called HK to ask because if I purchased from out of Mass, I wanted to make sure it was compliant. All VP9's are compliant with 10 round mags.

I'm waiting for an enforcement notice now saying VP9s are not mass compliant. The value of mine will go up!

One of many very stupid Mass requirements. Supposedly so the toddlers can't shoot themselves. [rolleyes]
It's not actually a requirement, it's not the reason Glock got the ban hammer, that was for the loaded chamber indicator. Which really, is no subsitute for finger and muzzle discipline, as Al Gore demonstrates.

algore_regis.jpg

It's not actually a requirement, it's not the reason Glock got the ban hammer, that was for the loaded chamber indicator. Which really, is no subsitute for finger and muzzle discipline, as Al Gore demonstrates.

algore_regis.jpg
I thought double action trigger pulls needed to be 10lbs. because of 940 CMR 16 and that HK got around this on the VP9 by classifying it as single.

My VP9 did not have a 10 pound trigger when I bought in MA. I do not own a trigger pull gauge but I am guessing it was around 5 pounds.

Also, I bought some aftermarket springs for it. Just because I cannot leave well enough alone and normally do something with all my firearms. After installing the springs the VP9 trigger is sweet. Nice a crisp and less than 5 pounds, but again that is my opinion and not a scientific test or anything. I honestly think it is the best trigger out of any other handguns I own.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/VP9-VP40-Ultra-Match-Spring-Set-367p17222.htm

Back
Top Bottom