• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

H&K P30SK

Dip Dungles

NES Member
Interested in buying one of these bad boys. Anyone that owns one that is in the Metrowest area that wouldn't mind letting me shoot a few rounds at Southborough Rod and Gun? Rather try one out before I dive in head first.

dude it's an HK. no need to try it before you shoot. with an HK if you buy one you will want 3 more.

This is on my shortlist for a new carry piece. As a lefty, the neutral handedness is pretty cool.

Plus it's HK, not much to worry about for quality....

This is on my shortlist for a new carry piece. As a lefty, the neutral handedness is pretty cool.

Plus it's HK, not much to worry about for quality....

The southpaw aspect is what's steering me. Definitely want to shoot before purchase just in case.

unless you're specifically wanting an external safety, try to find one w/o the safety lever (P30SK V3). most dealers sell the P30SK-S V3 which has ambi external safety. unlike standard HK designs like HK45 or USP's, the P30 w external safety seems like an afterthought. you end up with a rear-mounted decocker and safety which is separate. IMO it's confusing and too much crap hanging off the gun. also the P30 cannot be converted to-from LEM, -/+ safety, etc like a USP. it's stuck in native configuration.

i had a P30LS and couldn't stand the safety along w decocker system. so i sold it and found a P30L later on for good price so jumped on it.

just some thoughts for you to consider. either way your'e getting an HK it's a sick ass firearm.

unless you're specifically wanting an external safety, try to find one w/o the safety lever (P30SK V3). most dealers sell the P30SK-S V3 which has ambi external safety. unlike standard HK designs like HK45 or USP's, the P30 w external safety seems like an afterthought. you end up with a rear-mounted decocker and safety which is separate. IMO it's confusing and too much crap hanging off the gun. also the P30 cannot be converted to-from LEM, -/+ safety, etc like a USP. it's stuck in native configuration.

i had a P30LS and couldn't stand the safety along w decocker system. so i sold it and found a P30L later on for good price so jumped on it.

just some thoughts for you to consider. either way your'e getting an HK it's a sick ass firearm.

+1 don't know if the non-safety version is MA compliant, but unless you want to carry cocked and locked, ditch the safety. I prefer the decocker on the side of the gun myself though.

Having the safety on while CCW is counterproductive IMHO. More things can go wrong when the SHTF. Got to sell an M&P FS before purchase so I have time to research. Thanks guys.

Having the safety on while CCW is counterproductive IMHO. More things can go wrong when the SHTF. Got to sell an M&P FS before purchase so I have time to research. Thanks guys.

Do you like the VP9? Cause compact versions are coming. Better trigger and will be MA compliant, if that's a factor for you.

Back
Top Bottom