H&K P2000

Considering one of these for my next pistol purchase. I have the USP40 and love it. Anybody have a P2000 they could give me some feedback on? Maybe a comparison to the USP or general range report. Sucks they are $1200+, IF you can find one in MA, but hey, love the H&K...

I have a P2000 .40 LEM and the grip is 100 times more comfortable in my hands than any USP is. I had a USPc .40 and the P2K is somewhat slimmer in the slide department as well. It takes the same mags as the USPc series guns do in the same caliber.

The only thing you lose over the USP series is no manual safety, but you gain an ambi slide lock release lever.

If you are looking for one I'd try to get one with the 5 LB LEM trigger in it instead of the 6-7.5 one. It's not bad but I'm sure the 5 is easier to
shoot. They make a DA/SA version too, but frankly IMO the gun was really intended for the LEM trigger.

Don't get me started on MA price gouging. If you are patient and persistent you won't have to pay $1200 for one, I'll put it that way.

-Mike

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly on the DAO trigger. Not too concerned with poundage, that can always be adjusted. Any opinion as too whether it is more/less accurate or better/worse functioning than the USP? Subjective I know, but value any opinions offered.

Any suggestions (PM me) as to where I might have better luck than the local gun shop? The $1200 figure I mention comes from our beloved ZHA. I really do love that place, all gouging aside. [wink]

My thoughts exactly on the DAO trigger. Not too concerned with poundage, that can always be adjusted.

Well, kinda. On LEM guns I think you have to change out the firing pin
spring and the trigger return spring. These springs can be changed for
varying pull weights.

Any opinion as too whether it is more/less accurate or better/worse functioning than the USP? Subjective I know, but value any opinions offered.

The barrels and the internals of these things are very similar to the USP
Compact series guns. Most of the differences are ergonomic more
than functional. The biggest differences IMHO are the interchangeable
backstraps and the ambi slide lock/release levers.

-Mike

HK P2000

I tested an early HK P2000 in 9mm, with the DA/SA and decock. In initial evaluation, I found it comfortable and sleek. The Ambi slide stop/release, was I thought a little overkill, but it proved OK. There was a problem with firing the gun however!! I fired less than 30 rounds (Ball Ammo) and in the process tried the Decock function, only to have it BREAK OFF the GUN. WTF OVER. The lever/tab simply broke with less than a single box of ammo. The gun was sent back to HK and it took 10 months to get it back!! The gun proved accurate and reliable after that. Go Figure??

I picked up a P2000 9mm LEM after selling my full size USP .40 and I love it to death. The one thing I had to get used to was the short trigger reset for quick follow up shots; much different than the ones on our duty-carry weapons at work where the trigger needs to be returned all the way forward for a follow up. Otherwise, it's a wonderful weapon. I have about 1500 rounds of mixed variety through mine with nary a hiccup.

Getting the P2000 this week, but only found one in DA/SA configuration. I would like to convert it to a LEM. Has anyone done this? Where did you buy from, H&K direct? Did you do it or a gunsmith? Are you pleased with the results?

Thanks.

Getting the P2000 this week, but only found one in DA/SA configuration. I would like to convert it to a LEM. Has anyone done this? Where did you buy from, H&K direct? Did you do it or a gunsmith? Are you pleased with the results?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if it is possible, but even if it is you're going to end up with a big hole in the back of the gun, or a decocker that is strictly for decorative
purposes. Normally these guns do not get conversions, you just buy it one way or the other.... the USP is more modular in this regard because it
has an external control lever.

You might want to ask on HKPRO, someone there probably has a better answer on this.

-Mike

Thanks for the heads up. I found references to converting the USP but not the P2000. I'll have to give H&K a call to find out.

A few years back, I had an HK USPc .40 and a fellow I know had a HK USPc .40 LEM. I fired both side by side. Frankly, I didn't care for the LEM trigger. If I was going to carry the USPc .40 (or the .45, which I have now), I'd simply get it changed to SA only (variant 9?) and carry it cocked and locked. The SA trigger is better than the LEM trigger.

Of course, that would require being able to get the Variant 9 parts out of H&K. Getting anything out of H&K is dodgy.

Considering one of these for my next pistol purchase. I have the USP40 and love it. Anybody have a P2000 they could give me some feedback on? Maybe a comparison to the USP or general range report. Sucks they are $1200+, IF you can find one in MA, but hey, love the H&K...

There is a real nice USP 40C LEM for sale in the classified section, for short money! [smile]

I have a 9mm uspc and a p2000sk 40.
Personally I liked the uspc better than the p2000 fullsize. And I like the SK better than the p2000.

Back
Top Bottom