• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

H&K Legal, scratch that, MA Compliant... As Of......

And on what theory do you hang your hat? "It's not fair" is going to get you booted out of court. It has to be persuasive and have the right plaintiffs.

Dude, think about it. The pro-gun movement in MA has almost no money, and it takes money to litigate. So, should that small amount of money be spent on things like changing MA from "may issue" to "shall issue" (for example of a fundamental issue) that can perhaps leverage recent scotus decisions, or go against the a murky area like which brands of guns we can buy? Yes, I would like to get to the point where we can do away with that nonsense too, but I think with our limited resources (and yes, I do contribute) that we need to prioritize.

I was, in fact, agreeing with you. You can't just sue the AG because it's not fair. You have to have something to base it on. All of the AG's actions have been legal according to MA law. There's nothing to hang your hat on to challenge it. We don't even have a simple wooden peg, never mind a Hat Hanger 5000 Ultramax -- now with five extra hooks!

I was, in fact, agreeing with you. You can't just sue the AG because it's not fair. You have to have something to base it on. All of the AG's actions have been legal according to MA law. There's nothing to hang your hat on to challenge it. We don't even have a simple wooden peg, never mind a Hat Hanger 5000 Ultramax -- now with five extra hooks!

My apologies. [banghead] I scanned what you wrote too quickly and misunderstood. [frown][sad]

It's a defacto gun ban.

I can't buy the same pistol my LEO carries (for self defense within my home)because the AG believes the gun is unsafe? That's at least some kind of peg in my book.

I don't understand why a 2A organization hasn't dropped a case on her yet...

The AG's regs, although annoying, are dead last on a list of gun rights issues in MA, in terms of importance. Attacking them right now is quite literally a waste of money that can be spent elsewhere. We need to get the axe taken off of our neck, first. (discretionary issue must die).

-Mike

It's a defacto gun ban.

I can't buy the same pistol my LEO carries (for self defense within my home)because the AG believes the gun is unsafe? That's at least some kind of peg in my book.

Nope. You can go buy it FTF. You are not legally encumbered from owning the firearm, you just can't get it from a dealer. And that's all the argument it would take from the Commonwealth to convince the SJC, who aren't inclined nor forced to support us. You might be able to make a due process claim, but I don't know if you have that remedy in a MA state court. Maybe in fed court, but I don't know.

Emoto was right though, there are far more important foundational changes that need to happen first. If possession becomes unlicensed and the world doesn't end and blood isn't running in the streets, opposition to further changes should lessen. Eventually can't happen soon enough for me either.

I know it would be difficult to go after her without a national support war chest...I'm just speaking out of anger. I'd love to see her get chewed out in a federal court though.

Nope. You can go buy it FTF. You are not legally encumbered from owning the firearm, you just can't get it from a dealer. And that's all the argument it would take from the Commonwealth to convince the SJC, who aren't inclined nor forced to support us. You might be able to make a due process claim, but I don't know if you have that remedy in a MA state court. Maybe in fed court, but I don't know.

Emoto was right though, there are far more important foundational changes that need to happen first.

I'm not interested in buying a used pistol. This is for home defense, just like the Supreme Court told me I can have it for, for such an important purpose, I want to buy it from an authorized dealer with a factory warranty. The fact that I can buy a used one "off the street" is immaterial - I need to be able to buy it new, from the factory, from a professional dealer. If I can't do that than a handgun ban exists.

And, why can't I do this? Because the AG believes the gun that every cop carries in my town is poorly made and unsafe due to low quality (i.e. Saturday night specials).

Of course, when they take away FTF sales, that argument won't matter anyways.

In terms of priority, for me, "shall issue" is obviously #1, but the AG regs and the AWB are close seconds.

In terms of priority, for me, "shall issue" is obviously #1, but the AG regs and the AWB are close seconds.

The AWB, as an actual possession ban with far broader restrictions than the AG regs, should be #2. The AG regs are annoying, but they cannot send an ignorant but well-intentioned gun-owner to prison. The same cannot be said of the AWB.

Once we've got licensing squared away, and the AWB repealed, our grandchildren can get to work on the AG regs.

The AWB, as an actual possession ban with far broader restrictions than the AG regs, should be #2. The AG regs are annoying, but they cannot send an ignorant but well-intentioned gun-owner to prison. The same cannot be said of the AWB.

Once we've got licensing squared away, and the AWB repealed, our grandchildren can get to work on the AG regs.

Agreed.

And then are great-grandchildren can take care of the NFA/greencard stuff :)

QUICK UPDATE;

I called bunch of shops in Metro-Boston. One shop has them IN-STOCK and NEW - both the USP and USPc in .40, one other shop confirmed they had them recently, now there is a long waiting line for them.

Prices are actually not that bad.

The only bummer is that USPc is LEM, which has no external safety and no decocker.

ALAN.

I won't buy from them if the gun was only a dollar....

Then you'd be an idiot.

+1.

Horrendous customer service mixed with lies and intimidation.

If that's your experience there, then post it in the proper forum, I was just pointing out where someone could get their hands on one...not soliciting shopping experiences there.

Then you'd be an idiot.

If that's your experience there, then post it in the proper forum, I was just pointing out where someone could get their hands on one...not soliciting shopping experiences there.

Yup definitely an idiot </sarcasm>. They are such DBs there that I am surprised they even wanted to open a business. You can heckle and intimidate people without going through the approval process to be an FFL....

But you're right, there is an area for this

Lighten up Francis

I saw one at North Shore about a week ago. I believe it was new, but could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was at Four Seasons today. Brand New HK USP was just put in the case today. The price I think was $779, for those who care about such things...

Good, they've been commanding double what they are worth for far too long now and certain shops have always taken their customers for a ride on them.

Agreed! Sometimes it is not the shop if the piece is on consignment. There is a compact 40 at the shop right now and the consignment seller is asking 1000.00. I offered 700.00 knowing that in a month I should be able to get a new one for about 800.00, and was told to take a hike by the seller not the shop. Which it is the seller's perogative but I will wait for a new one.

Back
Top Bottom