H.4121 Moving to Ways and Means Committee, email list inside.

Thanks for the copy paste email list. I just sent a personal email to everyone on that list!

I forwarded my email I posted here previously to the list got a response

- - - Updated - - -

This was his response
Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to me. The commission tasked with studying this issue has come back with its recommendations and as you know, the Speaker has filed a piece of legislation based on those recommendations. I will keep an open mind to any and all opinions and welcome discussion on this topic. As always, I will wait to see what the final version of the bill looks like before it comes to a vote and give due consideration to amendments and debate.

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to me to convey your feelings.

All the best,
Tim Madden

- - - Updated - - -

To which I responded
Hi Tim,

Thanks for replying. As I said, Mass has some of the most restrictive laws in the country already. Please answer this question for me: what will one more gun law do to the criminals who are already ignoring the laws on the books(and not being prosecuted for a lot of them)?

Regards

Mike

Vieira responded......says he does not like the bill because of the burden it places on law abiding gun owners.

Got response from Tim Maddon, who will keep an open mind. Also got responses from Matthew Beaton and David Vieira who both said they will be voting against it.

sent email to everyone on that list.

- - - Updated - - -

One response

Thank you for your email regarding H.4121. This bill was poorly crafted, and I voted for an Ought Not to Pass recommendation in the Public Safety & Homeland Security Committee. We lost the unfavorable report by one vote. I plan to vote against reporting this bill out of the House Ways & Means Committee unless there are substantial changes which protect the rights of law abiding gun owners.

David T. Vieira
State Representative
Third Barnstable District
State House, Rm. 167
Boston, MA 02133
Boston Office: 617-722-2230

District Office: 508-548-VOTE (8683)

COMMITTEES:
House Committee on Ways & Means
Joint Committee on Public Safety & Homeland Security
House Committee on Rules
House Committee on Personnel & Administration

----------------

2nd response
hank you for taking the time to contact me by email. This automatic response acknowledges that your email has been received. Your message and input is important to me, and I personally read all of my correspondence. Due to the large volume of email that I receive daily, I am able to respond only to those who identify themselves by including their name, address and telephone number, with preference given to my constituents in the 1st Franklin District. If your email requires an individual response or follow-up, I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Should your inquiry need immediate attention, or if it is an invitation or concerns scheduling a meeting, please call either my District Office at 413-665-7200, or my State House office at 617-722-2380, where my staff will be happy to assist you. Thanks again for writing to me.

Sincerely,

Stephen Kulik
State Representative
First Franklin District:
Ashfield, Buckland, Conway, Deerfield, Leverett, Montague, Shelburne, Shutesbury, Sunderland, Whately, Chester, Chesterfield, Cummington, Goshen, Huntington, Middlefield, Plainfield, Williamsburg, and Worthington.

I sent emails to everyone on the GOAL list. I received four replies so far. Three were essentially boiler plate, one was from David Viera stating that he voted against the bill when it was in front of Public Safety and Homeland Security. He called it "poorly written" and said that he will continue to fight to have it amended.

I'll see how many more responses I get.

- - - Updated - - -

These are identical to what I received.

sent email to everyone on that list.

- - - Updated - - -

One response

Thank you for your email regarding H.4121. This bill was poorly crafted, and I voted for an Ought Not to Pass recommendation in the Public Safety & Homeland Security Committee. We lost the unfavorable report by one vote. I plan to vote against reporting this bill out of the House Ways & Means Committee unless there are substantial changes which protect the rights of law abiding gun owners.

David T. Vieira
State Representative
State House, Rm. 167
Boston, MA 02133

COMMITTEES:
House Committee on Rules

----------------

2nd response
hank you for taking the time to contact me by email. This automatic response acknowledges that your email has been received. Your message and input is important to me, and I personally read all of my correspondence. Due to the large volume of email that I receive daily, I am able to respond only to those who identify themselves by including their name, address and telephone number, with preference given to my constituents in the 1st Franklin District. If your email requires an individual response or follow-up, I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Should your inquiry need immediate attention, or if it is an invitation or concerns scheduling a meeting, please call either my District Office at 413-665-7200, or my State House office at 617-722-2380, where my staff will be happy to assist you. Thanks again for writing to me.

Sincerely,

Stephen Kulik
State Representative
First Franklin District:
Ashfield, Buckland, Conway, Deerfield, Leverett, Montague, Shelburne, Shutesbury, Sunderland, Whately, Chester, Chesterfield, Cummington, Goshen, Huntington, Middlefield, Plainfield, Williamsburg, and Worthington.

I received the same one from David Viera

David T. Vieira
State Representative
State House, Rm. 167
Boston, MA 02133

COMMITTEES:
House Committee on Rules

I got the same back from David Vieira. Glad someone is on our side. Also got a nice reply from Matthew Beaton who is also against it. And a few other more canned and noncommittal responses from folks with a (D) in their title.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Contacted everyone on the list and received responses from Madden & Viera. The responses were the same as previously mentioned in other posts in this thread.

I did not email the above list, but I did email my reps yesterday morning when I arrived at work (James Lyons and James Miceli) regarding the up-coming bill.

To my surprise I received a call from Rep. Lyons in the afternoon to discuss the email that I sent to him. He was in full agreement that the up-coming bill is useless and an affront to those of us who own and carry firearms for protection and recreational use. I had met him once before when he was going door to door to introduce himself in my neighborhood, really solid guy who gets it.

Hello,

I totally disagree with HB 4121 as it is written today.

Without our right to bear arms only criminals will have guns.

Respectfully,

Donald H. Wong

State Representative

Hello,

I totally disagree with HB 4121 as it is written today.

Without our right to bear arms only criminals will have guns.

Respectfully,

Donald H. Wong

State Representative

I got the same response from Rep. Wong, and sent him a few bucks since he's got a (D) challenger this year in the 9th Essex..

http://www.donaldhwong.com/

Heard back from Donald David and Dave Vieira with the message that they are not for the bill and will be voting against it.

Back
Top Bottom