• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gym carry?

I second @G4Y4HK 's question, how easy is the Patagonia Atom to draw with?

The Helicon-Tex Sling Bag is a dedicated EDC bag and can accept various holster attachments. I don't think the Patagonia will have this functionality.
It's not "easy" because it moves around quite easily, it's a coordinate hands on activity to draw. But it works for me, there are times where I have to quickly remove it and stuff it in my pack.

A better solution is something like the Hill People chest bags which are fixed in place. This would be great if you are doing fair weather hiking/walking.

Hill People Gear | Real use gear for backcountry travelers

Some winter/glacier routes I just have too much other stuff to manage, 3-4 layers and this isn't a great idea.

an old good fanny pack is now called a 'sling purse'? :) go figure, progress...
Sir, I only wear fanny packs when I'm riding my bicycle.

I don't carry when I'm at the gym working out, sometimes you have live on the edge. I don't even lug around a giant gym bag full of useless workout gimmicks, never mind a firearm. Just lift heavy and go home, you'll be fine. Are you guys strapped on the mat during jj class too? Haha.

Phlster Enigma is an option.

I have one but haven't configured it yet.
I have the Enigma, love it. It’s a bitch to initially set up, and you gotta wear it a few times to figure out exactly how you want it configured, but after that it’s a dream. Carrying in gym shorts has never been easier.

View: https://youtu.be/QxG3aW2cS88

I don't carry when I'm at the gym working out, sometimes you have live on the edge. I don't even lug around a giant gym bag full of useless workout gimmicks, never mind a firearm. Just lift heavy and go home, you'll be fine. Are you guys strapped on the mat during jj class too? Haha.

Did some guy with a workout bag throw your keys on the roof and leave you an upper decker or something? It's not about living on the edge, if you actually carry daily. I used to leave my gun in the gym locker, I preferred that to leaving it in the car. I do a fair amount of boxing workouts and my gym has a room w/ heavy bags, speed bag, double end bag, wrestling mats, and a bunch of other stuff so I like to bring my boxing gloves to the gym, and my own resistance bands since I don't want to be searching around at the gym for the ones I want to use. Also keep a jump rope and a couple other useless workout gimmicks in the bag so at that point I decided to just keep my gun in the bag too.

When I'm at the dojo my EDC is in a portable car safe in my useless equipment bag that has my sparring gear in it.

It's not "easy" because it moves around quite easily, it's a coordinate hands on activity to draw. But it works for me, there are times where I have to quickly remove it and stuff it in my pack.

A better solution is something like the Hill People chest bags which are fixed in place. This would be great if you are doing fair weather hiking/walking.

Hill People Gear | Real use gear for backcountry travelers

Some winter/glacier routes I just have too much other stuff to manage, 3-4 layers and this isn't a great idea.

Sir, I only wear fanny packs when I'm riding my bicycle.

Those chest packs seem to be very popular in China. When I visited a few years back, majority of people seemed to be wearing their backpacks and other purses on their front, esp on a crowded subway. Makes sense with the amount of pick pockets and a general culture of zero trust in strangers.

Did some guy with a workout bag throw your keys on the roof and leave you an upper decker or something? It's not about living on the edge, if you actually carry daily. I used to leave my gun in the gym locker, I preferred that to leaving it in the car. I do a fair amount of boxing workouts and my gym has a room w/ heavy bags, speed bag, double end bag, wrestling mats, and a bunch of other stuff so I like to bring my boxing gloves to the gym, and my own resistance bands since I don't want to be searching around at the gym for the ones I want to use. Also keep a jump rope and a couple other useless workout gimmicks in the bag so at that point I decided to just keep my gun in the bag too.

When I'm at the dojo my EDC is in a portable car safe in my useless equipment bag that has my sparring gear in it.

Not at the gym, that happened to me at the NES Porsche shoot.

Just bring a discreet and covert little messenger gym bag that's actually designed for off body carry and quick draw. Don't look like a larping operator wannabe like this guy in their ad tho

View: https://youtu.be/SWGZMbFXG8w

I gave it a try with a G43 and spare magazine stowed. Not a glanice from anyone here in Southern NH. I wish the sling was on the other side though. PXL_20221115_173919480.jpg

Last edited:
i think im going to get a Spiritus fanny SACK for beach/gym carry.

im addicted to tachuntfish shorts for the gym and summer to flash the creamy whites until i get tanned, and theyre comfy as fck. absolutely zero ability to carry in their athletic shorts though.

the fanny sack will allow me to carry my 43x.

Back
Top Bottom