Gym carry?

Been going to the gym a lot more lately and I’m struggling with carrying there. Been considering a shoulder holster for a SW shield. Wondering how you guys carry while running or lifting weights.

Belt carry doesn’t seem to work well because I worry about exposing the pistol when my arms are over my head. I’d considered a shoulder holster because it seems less likely to be exposed. It would be worn over an undershirt but under a T-shirt.
just start throwing plates at the threat and if your that worried at your gym maybe time to look for another one ( I suggest planet fitness for you) , or option 3 would be maybe just keep it in a lockbox in you car like normal people do.
if you do end up with a shoulder strap please post some pics , please lol

just start throwing plates at the threat and if your that worried at your gym maybe time to look for another one ( I suggest planet fitness for you) , or option 3 would be maybe just keep it in a lockbox in you car like normal people do.
if you do end up with a shoulder strap please post some pics , please lol

So after I take the two 5-lb plates off the bar and throw them, then what?

Start throwing kettles...
Your first instinct will be to start with the lighter ones. This is wrong. Start heavy and they will get lighter as you go...
Work smarter not harder...
View attachment 678102
So I grab one of the light ones, struggle over to where he is, and drop it on his foot?

Besides... who goes to the gym when you have a perfectly good gym at home? In the garage...
next to the Firebird...
1666743478668.png

Last edited:
I believe a sling bag is the best way to carry in the gym, either around the waist or chest. Do any of you have experience with a tac sling bag? Are there any that will comfortably and reliably accommodate a full-size .45?
Iron Eagle this is the man purse you are looking for

Screenshot_20221027-001256_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20221027-001334_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20221027-001416_YouTube.jpg

Most guys in the department use sling bags to carry off-duty. A lot of range masters know this.
I never heard of Helikon bags till last week. Apparently the operators up in Europe trust the company. I bought one of those, seems well made and the zippers are decent construction and open smoothly. Maxpedition zippers are pure trash in their most recent lineup and 5.11 tacticool used to produce the perfect covert bag called the 5.11 ZAP I think you can still find it on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom