Guy with rifle collection screwed by nosy employee? Anyone remember?

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I seem to recall a story of an older guy who had some rifles stored openly in his house. Someone from the town or maybe a utility came by, looked in a window, saw the rifles and called the police. Guy got jacked up to some extent. As you can see I dont recall a lot of specifics so Im having a hard time finding the story. Anyone remember this happening?

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I seem to recall a story of an older guy who had some rifles stored openly in his house. Someone from the town or maybe a utility came by, looked in a window, saw the rifles and called the police. Guy got jacked up to some extent. As you can see I dont recall a lot of specifics so Im having a hard time finding the story. Anyone remember this happening?
Forget about storage laws. Having guns stored in such a way that anyone can see them by walking up to a window is pretty stupid. I wont even hang my muskets where everyone can see them. Most people are probably too uneducated to tell the difference between a musket and a modern rifle/shotgun.

It still s*cks this happened.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Wasn't that the cop who had guns laying around and the house was broken into by kids stealing shit? Guy was not living there iirc. Maybe not a cop?
That sounds about right, but I don't think he was a cop.
He did have a silly amount of guns laying around that could be seen through his windows, mostly milsurp stuff. I tried a few different news and archive searches but couldn't find the original story.

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Forget about storage laws. Having guns stored in such a way that anyone can see them by walking up to a window is pretty stupid. I wont even hang my muskets where everyone can see them. Most people are probably too uneducated to tell the difference between a musket and a modern rifle/shotgun.

It still s*cks this happened.
Because MASS--HOLES SUCK!!!!!

Last edited:

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IIRC, it was the tax assessor that was peeking in the window

If it’s the one I can think of I could not find the original discussion but did find a reference to it
View attachment 297090
I think this is a different case, but I'm not reading through 10 pages to confirm it...

Correction, it is the same case

NES thread...

Guns, Military Shells Seized From Cohasset Home

Guy also had stolen grave markers

"
Cohasset Police filed charges in Quincy District Court today against Robert Stoddard, 65, Cohasset, for desecrating a grave (3-counts), receiving stolen property (5-counts), improper storage of a handgun (3-counts), and possession of a firearm with obliterated serial numbers.

Stoddard was the subject of an investigation last week when police investigated complaints about his behavior and unsecured firearms at 50 Doane Street.

While executing a court authorized search warrant last Friday, officers removed numerous unsecured weapons from Stoddard’s home, along with military, fire department, and police grave markers, which police allege he stole from a cemetery across the street from his home.

Police are now working to identify family members of the servicemen, firefighter, and police officer, whose graves were impacted by these thefts.

Police also recovered military mortar shells during the search, which were turned over to the US Navy. Agents from the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BUATF) are assisting Cohasset Police Detectives with this case. This remains an active investigation."

Cohasset man with unsecured guns faces host of charges

Last edited:
Top Bottom