• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guy with ax attacks 4 NYPD officers posing for a photo bystander wounded in crossfire

http://pix11.com/2014/10/23/ax-wielding-man-shot-after-attacking-injuring-officer-in-queens/#ooid=84Ym1hcTrKNol9YJzzGRkvzFrVbgXx_W <-video of the guy running down the street with a hatchet before attacking the officers from behind

http://pix11.com/2014/10/23/ax-wielding-man-shot-after-attacking-injuring-officer-in-queens/
B0q5IAtCcAA8ylz.png

Looks like it may be a Canadian style copycat attack.

JAMAICA, Queens (PIX11/CNN) - Four police officers and a woman were injured, and a hatchet-wielding man was fatally shot during a bloody altercation Thursday in Queens and now officials are looking to see if the attack was prompted by terrorism.
Four rookie police officers were working near 162nd Street and Jamaica Avenue when a freelance photographer asked them to pose for a photo in front of a Conway store. While they were posing, another man, described as a 32-year-old male, attacked without saying a word, Commissioner Bratton said at a press conference Thursday.
“The suspect was described as having charged at the officers,” Bratton said.
The man, who was wielding an 18-inch hatchet, was shot dead by officers.

Swinging an 18-inch metal hatchet, the man first hit a 24-year-old officer in the right arm — he was later taken to Jamaica Hospital in stable condition.
The suspect kept swinging, striking a second officer in the back of the head, critically injuring the 25-year-old.

The other officers fired multiple shots, killed the suspect at the scene.
A 29-year-old woman passing by was struck by gunfire in the lower back. She underwent surgery at Jamaica Hospital and is in stable condition.
(Credit: John Simonelli)

“Three rookie cops absolutely modest about what they did, thankfully all are in good condition,” Mayor De Blasio said.
The officer who sustained the wound to the back of the head was stable and alert at the hospital, where friends and family have gathered. He will be undergoing surgery for a “very serious injury to the back side of his head,” Commissioner Bratton said.
In just his first year on the job, the injured officer, who has not been identified, comes from a family of NYPD cops.

Commissioner Bratton said he doesn’t believe the photographer was working in any way with the hatchet-wielding man. Officers are now reviewing his photos from earlier in the day.
The attack happened in a bustling, commercial part of Queens. An Applebee’s restaurant, a Verizon store, several banks and a church are located nearby.
The miserable weather may have prevented additional injuries, as the sidewalks were emptier than usual thanks to a steady rain.
Authorities are looking to see if the unprovoked attack is tied to recent calls by radicals to attack military and police officers, law enforcement officials say.

Workplace violence.

He's been labelled an emotionally disturbed person, perhaps to deflect from his religious agenda.

Double whammy for NYC today - ebola and a terrorist attack.

"“Three rookie cops absolutely modest about what they did, thankfully all are in good condition,” Mayor De Blasio said."

Modest? They should be proud, after all, they only hit one bystander (and no dogs). [hmmm]
White Feather

For those who only arm themselves on the weekends, I think its time to take it up a notch. These lone wolf attacks are increasing at an alarming rate.

Hell, I'd be modest too, if I shot someone I wasn't aiming at.

It's business as usual with NYPD. Remember the two that shut up downtown going after a single gunman who shot his boss, then walked away. Instead of trailing and catching up to him, the two idiots opened fire on the streets, striking 13 folks. then they turned around and blamed hollow points for "ricochet damage" even though the innocent victims had nice clean entrance holes.

I'm not sure who's more dangerous anymore...bad guys who inevitably get caught up in their own dealings, or cops, who have pretty much zero accountability when they shoot/kill innocent folks. <shrug>

Maybe Bloomberg or Devil Patrick can answer that?

The officers had the luxury of having 2A rights in NYC. Most other New Yorkers aren't allowed that right, and would have had their heads butchered off by this cocksucker before anyone could stop him.

#MOMSDEMANDAXSENSE

And, almost certain immunity from charges for collateral damage:

A 29-year-old woman passing by was struck by gunfire in the lower back. She underwent surgery at Jamaica Hospital and is in stable condition.

And, of course, the Mayor could give a rodent's rectum about the bystander they plugged thanks to their incredible training and marksmanship skill:

Three rookie cops absolutely modest about what they did, thankfully all are in good condition,” Mayor De Blasio said.

FWIW, that's a hatchet, not an axe.

Seriously, though, glad no one was killed. I agree the officers should be "modest" considering they shot an innocent bystander when aiming at someone point blank.

It appears the media is kicking around the term terrorism. I wonder how Obola is going to play this one.
On another note. That guy who jumped the fence at the whitehouse was described as being unarmed. In the video I saw, he was reaching into his waistband while lifting his shirt. Then the video cut out. Did anyone see the whole video? Seems like he may have been armed and they are hiding that fact.

in hend, almost certain immunity from charges for collateral damage:

And, of course, the Mayor could give a rodent's rectum about the bystander they pluit ged thanks to their incredible training and marksmanship skill:

Maybe they are awful shooters, maybe not, but none of us were there to see. I know cops that are shooters, and some that arent.
Rob, have you ever shot at anything other than paper? Or steel? Hunting? How about this, have you ever had to shoot at a guy with a hatchet that came out of nowhere and just buried It in the back of your buddies head? Have you dealt with that adrenaline dump? Im sure the guy that hit the bystander went around and high fived everyone after he plugged her, and is sitting at home crushing beers and rejoicing in the fact that he hit some innocent lady.

Ill be one of the first guys In here condemning an unwarranted beating, or a no knock raid, or a dog that got shot by an ******* cop.

The hatchet wielder, different story dont you think? Or is the thin air youre breathing up there causing your brain to process things incorrectly there counselor?

It appears the media is kicking around the term terrorism. I wonder how Obola is going to play this one.
On another note. That guy who jumped the fence at the whitehouse was described as being unarmed. In the video I saw, he was reaching into his waistband while lifting his shirt. Then the video cut out. Did anyone see the whole video? Seems like he may have been armed and they are hiding that fact.
If he was armed I'd think they would use that to whip up the let's get guns off the streets.

Work place violence.
At this point, especially in light of the events in Canada, it would be foolish to not admit that this was indeed terrorism. He doesn't have the balls to say it.

They are among us. Wake up America!

How does some whack job from Queens afford and come by a nice one piece forged Made in the USA Estwing Hatchet???

Home he didn't use a bargain basement K-mart deal?

I smell a conspiracy.

If he was armed I'd think they would use that to whip up the let's get guns off the streets.
I'm thinking a knife. I saw another video of him punching the guard dogs. It looked more like a stabbing motion. They said the dogs were at the vets, I'm wondering the extent of the injuries.
I think if word got out, that he was armed, it would be total failure for the already scrutinized Secret Service.
How does some whack job from Queens afford and come by a nice one piece forged Made in the USA Estwing Hatchet???

Home he didn't use a bargain basement K-mart deal?

I smell a conspiracy.
I actually own that same hatchet. Lol. Nice balance to it.

Rob, have you ever shot at anything other than paper? Or steel? Hunting? How about this, have you ever had to shoot at a guy with a hatchet that came out of nowhere and just buried It in the back of your buddies head? Have you dealt with that adrenaline dump? Im sure the guy that hit the bystander went around and high fived everyone after he plugged her, and is sitting at home crushing beers and rejoicing in the fact that he hit some innocent lady.

Ill be one of the first guys In here condemning an unwarranted beating, or a no knock raid, or a dog that got shot by an ******* cop.

The hatchet wielder, different story dont you think? Or is the thin air youre breathing up there causing your brain to process things incorrectly there counselor?

My comment was not about the skills of the officers, or if they did well or screwed up, or what *should* happen to them, but an observation about how this is an excellent example of how LEs get a "pass" from mistakes that non-LE get roasted for.

What I did not mention, solely because it is obvious beyond obvious, is that if a non-leo was lawfully carrying a handgun, defended against an axe wielder, and plugged an innocent bystander that person (a) would not be hailed as a hero in the news, but rather the focus of of the story would "...shoots innocent" (with lots of pundits questioning the wisdom of allowing the person to carry), and (b) it is almost certain that assault charges would be filed for the errant round. I also think it's a safe bet that if I shot a lunatic murderer, and plugged an innocent, that the mayor would not be saying things like "At least Boudrie is safe" and totally forget about the bystander.

Or is the thin air youre breathing up there causing your brain to process things incorrectly there counselor?
I do not have a JD, bar card, or NRA training counselor certification, so this title doesn't apply to me.

Last edited:
My comment was not about the skills of the officers, or if they did well or screwed up, or what *should* happen to them, but an observation about how this is an excellent example of how LEs get a "pass" from mistakes that non-LE get roasted for.

What I did not mention, solely because it is obvious beyond obvious, is that if a non-leo was lawfully carrying a handgun, defended against an axe wielder, and plugged an innocent bystander that person (a) would not be hailed as a hero in the news, but rather the focus of of the story would "...shoots innocent" (with lots of pundits questioning the wisdom of allowing the person to carry), and (b) it is almost certain that assault charges would be filed for the errant round.

I do not have a JD, bar card, or NRA training counselor certification, so this title doesn't apply to me.

We will have to agree to disagree I guess.

Rest assured, the city of New York will be paying off the victim of collateral damage handsomely.

I do agree that LE gets far too many passes, no argument.

Dont agree that if the same scenario existed but it was a civilian that did the shooting and hit the innocent bystander, theyd be criminally charged. Theyd absolutely be civilly sued, but thats a given whether youre LE or not.

My counselor comment was sarcasm, please accept my humblest of apologies.

Do you think you would have been able to take out hatchet wielder without collateral damage? Would you have steppedup to that plate given the same scenario?
Personally, I give myself a % 50 chance of hitting Captain Happy Axe, and no one else. Its all fun and games until the target is moving, perhaps towards you with a sweet Estwing with the intent to bury it in your head, face, neck, chest, and big toe.

Do you think you would have been able to take out hatchet wielder without collateral damage? Would you have steppedup to that plate given the same scenario?
a. I have no idea, not having been there, and any guess I might make is useless.
b. If someone hatcheted two people I knew and was walking with, and I was armed, I'm reasonably sure I would have tried. But, I will be so arrogant as to assume I would have prevailed, or even survived.

Dont agree that if the same scenario existed but it was a civilian that did the shooting and hit the innocent bystander, theyd be criminally charged.
You're not from MA or NY are you ? [smile]

Rest assured, the city of New York will be paying off the victim of collateral damage handsomely.
With absolutely no adverse consequence befalling the person who fired that shot. The same could definitely not be said of non-LEOs in a similar situation.

My counselor comment was sarcasm, please accept my humblest of apologies.
Every once in a while someone mistakes me for an attorney. I try to avoid misconceptions about my qualifications, hence the correction on my part.

Back
Top Bottom