Guy with 300 guns in house gets robbed- too many guns?

There is a duty to act. Keeping firearms from being stolen, keeping the general public safe.
So they steal them themselves? and, oh, by the way, we assumed that these were stolen so we just took the liberty of taking the serial number of EACH OF YOUR GUNS and running them through the NCIC. Yeah... right. They don't have a duty to do that.

Remember the story stated the cops were carrying firearms, not gun safes, out of the house. I would expect the homeowner and the Chief will have a conversation about security.

Since Illinois does not have any retarded MA-style storage laws, the conversation should be very brief and one-sided.

Chief, STFU. You will give me my guns back or I will bury you and your department in lawsuits. Have a nice day.

Jose has already responded about the way I would have.

Lot of Dr. Phils in this thread.

anyway, if I found out the police had stolen all my guns and "run checks" and cataloged everything I would be very unhappy.

The whole argument that any firearm that doesn't 'move you forward' is wasted, is ridiculous. Fine for one man's opinion but not useful at all as a generalization.

Lots of folks who shoot and shoot very well, also appreciate the inherent beauty of various weapons. They also appreciate the collectability ('investment value'), the sentimental value of certain guns, and the FREEDOM to own and shoot as many different types as they'd CHOOSE to.

There are a million and one reasons people buy firearms. I agree that maybe having 300 different guns isn't going to help you any more than having 3 or 4 should the black helicopters arrive on your doorstep, but who said that's why people have multiple firearms? I am making my priority buying guns that would be useful should they be needed, but that doesn't mean my girlfriend and I would sell of the older stuff her dad gave her to fund "our battle against evil." Sure, it may rarely see use, but it is still interesting to have on multiple levels: Antique/collectors value, family/sentimental value, and just plain being interesting.

If I truly believed that the world was soon coming to an end all my financial decisions would be much different, but I don't feel I own guns for the sole purpose of survival after a million different acronyms come true, so I can collect some stuff for the foreseeable future instead of stockpiling MREs and 10s of thousands of rounds of SS109.

Mike

More Guns Found, Owner Arrested...

Rockford police say the more than 300 weapons found inside an Auburn Street home nearly two weeks ago was just the beginning. Officers seized hundreds more today in connection with that investigation and now have the guns' owner in custody.

Prosecutors today charged David L. Barber, 67, with unlawful use of weapons. That's after police found an illegal military grenade round among the items confiscated back on August 11.Barber turned himself in this afternoon, but it's possible he could find himself in even more trouble.....

http://www.wrex.com/Global/story.asp?S=13036914

eing stolen," says Dep. Chief Greg Lindmark.

Police will also check whether Barber can legally own the different types of ammunition he had.

"It's believed that he purchased them through different trades and different shows throughout the country."

Barber has a valid firearms owner identification card, but the charge is based on this specific military explosive.

At both locations today, police found a lot of other stuff stashed with weapons, just like they did a couple weeks ago. The collection then included pots, pans, and newspapers.

Illegal ammo and illegal pots, pans and newspapers. Great country we live in.

Police will also check whether Barber can legally own the different types of ammunition he had.

They don't even know if it's illegal but they arrest him for it.

This still stinks of "Gestapo at work ", " Hey, lets see if anyone is breaking in?, Nope, but, is that a gun in his house, wow, lets search the whole house since he's not home, maybe we'll find something interesting! " WHY THE F--- CAN'T COPS JUST BE ARRESTED WHEN THEY BREAK THE LAW, RATHER THAN HAVING TO " JUST PUT THEM ON ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE, WITH PAY" Oh, I forgot, their special and above the law. Something stinks bad in this country!!
By the way, I'm a huge supporter of LE, with many friends that work for both local, state and Federal LE. its just that they are given way too much leeway when they do bad things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom