• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guy with 300 guns in house gets robbed- too many guns?

well i only have a dozen or so. but here is why i have what i have and why i will have more as time goes buy, none of which has to do with mommy. i don't have a lot of cash and i have not shot a lot of different guns. So i tend to buy cheap guns when i can find them. I buy guns for any number of reasons 1) they were cheap. 2) I like the look 3) they will be cheaper to practice with than what i already have. 4) i have never shot that type before 5) it's needed as a home defence weapon etc i could go on but you get the idea.

I don't sell my guns. unlike some here who seem to sell a gun they just built or have only shot 50 rounds through, i keep mine unless i have to sell it, which hasn't happened yet.

So i started out with one gun and I find one for sale cheap, i buy it. it may be more expensive to shoot than i thought so i get something cheaper to shoot.

I read this board and learn good things about certain guns so i may want to get one - like a 1911, maybe it would help me shoot better. maybe not.

I took up trap so i got a cheap shotgun, maybe i want to see if a real trap shotgun would help me shoot trap better. if money allows i may get one.

this board has group buys with great deals like defence shotguns - i almost got one.

other reasons:

maybe you buy a lower cal. gun because you don't think you can handle a bigger cal., then you find out you can, so you buy a bigger cal.

maybe you like handguns AND you like trap or bird hunting AND you like big game hunting. all of which are different guns.

maybe you father left you his collection and you don't want to use or sell any of them.

maybe you like guns and you can come up with the one time payment to buy them, but it is harder to consistently buy rounds to shoot them all.

maybe what you used to like about a gun no longer appeals to you. you move on to something else and only shoot the old ones at say a gun shoot where others can try them.

maybe you have competition only guns.

this could all make for a Hugh collection. doesn't mean you have mommy/daddy issues because you have them but don't shoot them all.

There's always people that spend more money and time acquiring equipment than actually using it or perfecting their skills.

And then there's always the group of people that use the minimal equipment and enjoy bitching about those with better gear.

Holds true with just about all activities, sports, and hobbies btw.

Originally Posted by Maj. Boom Boom
this could all make for a Hugh collection. doesn't mean you have mommy/daddy issues because you have them but don't shoot them all.
There doesn't need to be a freaking reason!

Who's Hugh ?

This sucks that the police can confiscate this guys firearms under the disguise called law. The abuse of power and irresponsibility of this mans personal items and life is just flat out wrong. But the worst part is that there is nothing we can do about this except to sit back and bitch because if we do anything above the bitch level, then we are branded criminals and extremists for standing up for our rights. I own the number of guns I do because I can own them, and there are more than " just a few " in my collection. I own them because there is no law preventing me from owning them, except when the " police " and only the police deem them to be too many ,am I at fault and then possibly breaking a law " only according to the police " and we all know that when the police say your at fault and are breaking the law, then we must be. It doesn't matter to the police if there is no law on how many guns an individual can own, if the say its against the law. it must be and as citizens, we are wrong.
I own my guns because I like to shoot, and today it might be an SKS, a Ruger 10/22 and a handgun, tomorrow it might be a bolt 308 and a shotgun and the next day it might be an AR a mini 14 and a Saiga, you catch my drift, we can own as many as we want if we can afford them or until the police say so.
This country needs change.

Thank god it was only a cache and not a arsenal.[rolleyes]

I hear those words most often used with a negative connotation from the media.

If a guy had two rifle's hidden under his floor boards or just in a safe wouldn't that be a cache? Quantity has nothing to do with it according to Merriam-Webster.

An arsenal, is a collection. I hate the media [angry] .

How can you have to many guns, I just don't get that [rolleyes] .

Main Entry: cache
Pronunciation: \ˈkash\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, from cacher to press, hide, from Vulgar Latin *coacticare to press together, from Latin coactare to compel, frequentative of cogere to compel — more at COGENT
Date: 1797
1 a : a hiding place especially for concealing and preserving provisions or implements b : a secure place of storage
2 : something hidden or stored in a cache
3 : a computer memory with very short access time used for storage of frequently or recently used instructions or data —called also cache memory

Main Entry: ar•se•nal
Pronunciation: \ˈärs-nəl, ˈär-sə-\
Function: noun
Etymology: Italian arsenale, ultimately from Arabic dār ṣināʽa house of manufacture
Date: 1555
1 a : an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment b : a collection of weapons
2 : STORE, REPERTOIRE <the team's arsenal of veteran players>

Last edited:
This man would certainly be the man to go to if the fecal matter hits the spinning blade.

To me it seems very odd that the “burgler” didn’t take them, but the gang bangers in blue did.

I believe in having multiple weapons, and being able to shoot effectively single handed with any weapon, and either hand has distinct advantages.

Target acquisition with 2 guns at the same time is very difficult.

On a lighter note, it would be best for him to sell off a vast chunk of his cache because of the knowledge of the arsenal now. Keep a dozen or so for posterity and defense, but unless he opens a museum or something on that order, it will be cost prohibitive to secure those weapons now.

Really? it that what you think?

if so, it shows complete ignorance and lack of effort to find out why it was done. FYI it was done for a child. IIRC you have children, right? Are you telling me you NEVER did something for your kid that you would never otherwise do? some of us care what others think, some of us don't.

Just in case your one of the ones that do 99% of the people who comment on it, like it, those who actually bother to ask why it was done love it.

no, I don't have questions but maybe you should have.

your whole view point in this thread shows a lack of understanding of why other people might do the things they do.

Really? it that what you think?

if so, it shows complete ignorance and lack of effort to find out why it was done. FYI it was done for a child. IIRC you have children, right? Are you telling me you NEVER did something for your kid that you would never otherwise do? some of us care what others think, some of us don't.

Just in case your one of the ones that do 99% of the people who comment on it, like it, those who actually bother to ask why it was done love it.

no, I don't have questions but maybe you should have.

your whole view point in this thread shows a lack of understanding of why other people might do the things they do.

Lighten up Francis, I am 99.99999% it was a joke.

I would expect the homeowner and the Chief will have a conversation about security.

Since Illinois does not have any retarded MA-style storage laws, the conversation should be very brief and one-sided.

Chief, STFU. You will give me my guns back or I will bury you and your department in lawsuits. Have a nice day.

who's Francis? well at least it wasn't Mr. Ed

71157_201002131603481.gif

i don't love any of my children enough to cover my vehicle with stickers. if they asked me to do that, i would spank them. they will grow up and have daddy issues. and put stickers on their vans. and collect guns. [rofl]

( if you can't tell by now i'm joking with you, there is nothing i can say that will convince you otherwise.[smile])

no problem Timber my bad (real bad). I had assumed the worse, please except my apologies

whats worse is it wasn't even my kid, i don't have any. maybe i should explain it was a friends child, otherwise there will be child molester pics going up....lol sorta like the free candy van pics [shocked] [grin]

Back
Top Bottom