• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guy shoots at Kendall Sq. Bldg then shoots self

Another victim of "gun violence"?

Like he wouldn't have used a knife or a bridge if gun wasn't available, but somehow the antis will blame the gun.

So the shooter is room temperature, and this is top of mind for the DA:

Gmu9VJ4.png

My brother saw this entire event unfold. He is shaken, but ok. I picked him up a Lechmere as he couldn't move his car from the parking lot. I will not be sharing what he shared with me.

Small world and life is short.

Its all about statistics, if the guy legally owned, then its another notch against us legal owners to make US and GUNS look BAD.........

I guess so. I can't understand what the importance of being licensed is in a situation like this. If you have a license, it's OK to go murder someone? If you're intentionally shooting someone, who cares if you have a piece of paper in your pocket.

I guess so. I can't understand what the importance of being licensed is in a situation like this. If you have a license, it's OK to go murder someone? If you're intentionally shooting someone, who cares if you have a piece of paper in your pocket.

Well, a large part of the defense for pro-gun people is that typically responsible licensed gun owners aren't breaking laws. In this case, it matters if the shooter had a license as it would show that either he is the exception (licensed) or the rule (unlicensed). You can't eat your cake and have it too in this situation, honestly, I wish license status and legal ownership were reported for every shooting. If 40k people die every year from firearms, and 39.5k of those are shot by unlicensed individuals with illegally possessed guns, well then, firearms laws just aren't going to help.

So the shooter is room temperature, and this is top of mind for the DA:

Gmu9VJ4.png

Is it really that hard for her to "try to figure out" if he was properly licensed? I mean it's not hard. A crime occurred and she's the AG. That's probably the first thing she checked.

If 40k people die every year from firearms, and 39.5k of those are shot by unlicensed individuals with illegally possessed guns, well then, firearms laws just aren't going to help.

It's about 30,000, and about 2/3 of them are suicides. Realistically you'd be looking at about 10,000 homicides every year and you'd have to separate them out into:

• lawful line of duty shootings by police
  • lawful self defense by non-police
  • accident, negligence, or recklessness
  • criminal acts

(not "felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy" as Ambrose Bierce once observed)

Back
Top Bottom