1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

guy red flagged due to shared facebook meme

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by headednorth, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Bonesinium

Bonesinium

I’m not totally familiar with CT law but I suspect there are ways to build complaint firearms with 80% lowers, no?

2. HorizontalHunter

HorizontalHunter NES Member

Not an typical AR. You could go with a bolt action upper or go .22 rim fire am

Are stripped lowers in CT legal?

Bob

3. allen-1

allen-1 NES Member

You might be able to build a compliant "other" from an 80%. I'm not sure about that. Gunshops in CT are openly selling "others" right, left and center - much to my amazement. Because basically they're SBRs with vertical foregrips and braces.

You could build out a compliant bolt action, or a .22.

You can't build an AR rifle or pistol from an 80% because you cannot take possession of an "assault weapon", with exceptions for pre-ban and LEO. Which raises another interesting question - I wonder if a LEO can legally build out an 80% AR pistol/rifle. I haven't wondered about the legality of such, because I'm not LEO.

4. Dench

Dench

this is actually a very big deal when you look at whats going on from the point of mechanics. This is one of the worst things for 1A, 2A and freedom in general in memory.

5. mav

mav NES Member

An unconstitutional law is still an unconstitutional law: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Red flag laws infringe. Gun bans infringe. You get the point.

6. Bonesinium

Bonesinium

Sadly, he actually doesn't.

Prepper, Nick Fury and namedpipes like this.
  7. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Nazis.

Associate them with Nazis.

Put 4Chan on it - I'm sure they'll figure out a way...............

8. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

You might want to read the actual charges not just the attached post.

9. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

It’s simple even for a 10 year old. Here’s the law, read the law, don’t break the law. If you don’t like the law then work to have it changed.

10. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

Unless it involves cutting my lawn incorrectly the answer would be no

11. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

Yeah that’s all great but the fact is CT has several laws which this guy admitting to breaking. He knew the law and now he will lose his writes to own a firearm, possibly jail time and fines all for being a jackass

12. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

Then we have established that you ARE ok with breaking the law. Now it is a matter of determining WHICH laws @Woodsy is willing to break.

Reminds me of the old joke about a man asking a woman if she'd sleep with him for TEN MILLION DOLLARS and she accepts. He responds with, "now that we've established that you are a whore, we can settle on the price.

Prepper, Nick Fury and Jason Flare like this.
  13. new guy

new guy NES Member

And abide by it and cluck at those who don’t in the meantime.

The books are stuffed with more illegal, unjust, and absurd laws than any civilization has ever known. Following all of them blindly like a sheep is anti-liberty.

Jason Flare and Roland Deschain like this.
  14. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

Did they ever repeal that law requiring a footman to precede your car bearing a lantern?

Woodsey goin tah JAIL!

Prepper likes this.
  15. Bonesinium

Bonesinium

He’s always held a pro-state, anti-freedom position. There’s no law he isn’t willing to follow or enforce on someone else. Doesn’t matter if it’s unjust or not. The law is the law!

jrpascucci likes this.
  16. mav

mav NES Member

He did know the law in CT and he did willingly break the law regarding high-capacity magazines. And yet, that law is unconstitutional. Now, some may argue that it needs to be put through the courts to uphold or strike down. In a legal system that is working and whose results are not determined by how deep your pockets are, I would agree. Unfortunately, the Supreme Court has done it's best to avoid 2A cases, especially in the case of state law. Add to that we know full well the Democrat/Liberal/Left agenda of disarmament and confiscation and the court packing the left has done for years.

So, where does that leave us? It leaves the person in the article jammed up over a piece of plastic and/or aluminum. It leaves you feeling satisfied another "jackass" criminal is in jail. It leaves me feeling that we need a reset as our civilization seems to have "jumped the shark". Apophis can't come soon enough (or close enough)... ten years is it? Wonder if we'll have any rights left by then.

Jason Flare and Roland Deschain like this.
  17. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

Satisfied? Where the fck did I say that? That’s right I didn’t. The law is the law, simple concept. Is it unconstitutional? Has t been deemed so yet so it stays. Is it a dumb law? Yes but that’s what the have in CT. Again he is a jackass because he knew the law and went out of his way to skirt it, he is the person responsible, period.

18. dingbat

dingbat

Allen-1 got me a link a page back. Thanks.

19. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

Don’t like the law the work to change it, if not then you abide by it. I don’t break laws, maybe you do being you seem to think as long as you feel the law is unjust then you don’t have to follow it. Good luck with that

20. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

Now thats total BS but then again you only follow laws you agree with.... ya right ok.

21. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

???

22. dingbat

dingbat

The link in the op only said he talked about it, and the links in the story didn't render on my work computer. Allen-1 quoted my comment before you did with a link that had his statement to the police about actually driving and getting the mags.

Woodsy likes this.
  23. Chrisf350

Chrisf350

No I understand that and when I made my initial post I did so quickly and while having some beers so maybe I can try to clarify.

The red flag laws are extremely dangerous to not only the 1st and 2nd but also the 4th.

But there is also the fact that after almost every mass shooting everybody says “yeah that kid was always a weirdo”

I think we all want to prevent those with mental illness (the type of serious mental illness that focuses on harming oneself or others) from owning or procuring firearms. Of course the problem is with how we establish that and I don’t have that answer

But this kid seems to check a lot of those boxes we’ve seen with previous mass shooters. I don’t know maybe I’m wrong but I’d be real careful before I hitch my wagon to this case.

24. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Lol... sure. You either haven't thought about it enough or don't remember. There are so many stupid laws in this country that it's trivially easy to be a felon without intending it.

I don't think most are hitching a wagon... it's tje methods used here perhaps more disturbing than the victim. The victim is an idiot- but it's not a stretch to see how this stuff can be stretched easily to cover anyone the gov doesn't like...

-Mike

Jason Flare likes this.
  25. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain

So... like... Jim Crow laws were cool?

26. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

I filled in the missing part of this old classic.

27. Chrisf350

Chrisf350

Totally agree and when we see a case where the government is stretching something to create a straw man then I’ll be more than happy to stand with you.

All I’m saying is this doesn’t seem like a stretch and he certainly is not just a kid who posted a meme and found himself in trouble.

28. Woodsy

Woodsy NES Member

Don’t know them and wasn’t alive then and they are just a distraction to the discussion but nice try

29. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain

:emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile:

30. tazman

tazman NES Member

So you would be good with a modern day Rosa Parks being tazed and locked up for sitting in the front of the bus?
    You truly are an idiot !!!