Guy points gun at robber, robber shoots good guy

As soon as a gun is introduced it's lead delivery time. I'm not telling bad guy armed robber to drop his gun. A gun in his hand is enough to justify deadly force. Cops can shot you for a fricken furtive movement.

If a gun is pointed at you during a crime, lethal force is justified. If you're gonna hesitate you probably shouldn't be carrying a gun.

Cops are not mere peons....
they are allowed to commit murder, while you and I are thrown away for a while, as the DA decides whether or not to charge us.

Big difference...

Outside of keyboard bluster, it's not in most normal people's nature to kill another human being.
Your never going to know till the moment of truth .
People freeze, even trained one's.

As soon as a gun is introduced it's lead delivery time. I'm not telling bad guy armed robber to drop his gun. A gun in his hand is enough to justify deadly force. Cops can shot you for a fricken furtive movement.

If a gun is pointed at you during a crime, lethal force is justified. If you're gonna hesitate you probably shouldn't be carrying a gun.

While I do agree with this I'll just add that, in a situation like this, you better be damned sure of what you just walked up on. A bad guy pointing a gun at two victims looks much the same as a good guy pointing a gun at two would be robbers. It's really easy to not see the two knives or guns on the ground at the feet of two people when you just rounded a corner on the situation. Especially when it's nighttime, you're fixated on the gun in the other guy's hand and your body dumps a shitload of adrenaline in to your system.

Jesus H Christ, are you serious???? Unanimous??? **** you Ruthie, you statist piece of shit! This is the kind of crap you're supposed to dissent on!

I don't necessarily agree with the ruling but this is one of those deals that, I think you have to dig into it a little more to find out what the logic was in play, it doesn't appear straightforward. It sounds like Alito said "Well, we're not allowing this because the law as it stands doesn't prevent recovery from a 4A violation via some other means".

-Mike

I don't necessarily agree with the ruling but this is one of those deals that, I think you have to dig into it a little more to find out what the logic was in play, it doesn't appear straightforward. It sounds like Alito said "Well, we're not allowing this because the law as it stands doesn't prevent recovery from a 4A violation via some other means".

-Mike

It's kind of funny you say that. The article I read about this earlier in the week sounded like something KnuckleDragger often says; to wit, that we need better jurisprudence and care in selecting these cases.

While the circumstances of these cases(there is a similar related one) are awful, the unfortunate truth is that the precedent doesn't support the plaintiff in this case. We need to better separate the 2nd and 4th amendments and not keep having courts basically nullify 2A on the grounds that 4A wasn't violated intentionally, or something like that.

Quote:........... ran back to his apartment, got his handgun from a drawer, loaded a clip and returned to his neighbor’s.

After coming back, a man wearing a bandana pointed a gun at them, Jonathan Cain said..
...unquote.

First of all, if he had time to grab a heater and a "clip" he had time to dial 911.

Second, as soon as he saw a bad guy with a gun out, his comes out and fires, no warnings, no demands, nothing. I practice this as much as I can at the range, hoping against hope that I'll never, ever have to do this. I set up a target at about 15' and "calmly" pull my carry piece from my pocket and shoot center mass. The idea is to do this smoothly and deliberately. The only reason I carry is in case I find myself in this situation where deadly force has been brandished against me or those with me. I'm not a cop and I don't have to identify myself. I only have to defend life, period. The exercise is remembering to remain calm as possible and just do it as mechanically as possible. There is no time to make a decision or form the perfect stance. The idea is to eliminate a life-threat. That decision to act has to be made many months before it ever happens.
I agree with the second part of what you said, but I don't agree about calling 911. What was he going to tell 911, a strange girl asked to use my cell phone?

Back
Top Bottom