Guy moves AK pistol from car to car in front of a bunch of cops

mikeyp

NES Member
Talk about poking the bear...If he just carried it by the top of the rifle and moved it, it probably wouldn't have been an issue. But all those cops there clearly for something going on, strapping it to his arm and walking over like that is a bit risky

ATF-Meme.jpg

Dumbass being a dumbass.

How about just carry it normally, not strapped onto your wrist. Port of arms, hands away from the grip/trigger. Knowing I'm walking into THAT situation, remove the mag. Hell, I'd ask to check it out honestly.

I'm pretty gun friendly, but someone walking up to me with a pistol brace strapped in would get my attention. I have no idea why there are so many cops in one spot, but if it ain't a Dunkin's parking lot, something is up.

Dumbass being a dumbass.

How about just carry it normally, not strapped onto your wrist. Port of arms, hands away from the grip/trigger. Knowing I'm walking into THAT situation, remove the mag. Hell, I'd ask to check it out honestly.

I'm pretty gun friendly, but someone walking up to me with a pistol brace strapped in would get my attention. I have no idea why there are so many cops in one spot, but if it ain't a Dunkin's parking lot, something is up.
"Common Sense" ;)

This is drama for drama’s sake. There’s a reason the camera was rolling. Good on him to cover his ass! But there’s also a reason he strapped it to his arm, something not necessary for vehicle transfer nor the manner in which (dare I speak for the collective) most of us would carry or transfer a similar firearm for a 100 foot walk.
Illegal? Absolutely not! Did he get exactly what he wanted? Absolutely! He was going above and beyond by asking the police/making them aware of his intent. He also went above and beyond by not carrying it by the hand guard like a normal person.

Edit-Situational awareness. I’m an unassuming chubby white guy and I wouldn’t do what he did.

Last edited:
What the hell? Normally I get torched in these threads.

Would you like everyone to step up? lol. I'm all for pushing boundaries, poking the bear etc. I'm not even close to a Fudd or a bootlicker, however...the cops are clearly there for a reason, a bunch of cop cars pulled in(not parked in spots) and they're in a heightened state of awareness. We have no idea about the backstory, but something's going on. He told the cops he was moving the AK from one car to another, but the whole strapping it on then walking like that...it's more of walking up and kicking the bear in the nuts than it is poking it lol. Not sure the transport laws there, but he had it just laying on his front seat, and again I get it and agree, it shouldn't be a big deal(personally I wouldn't transport one like that even if it was legal in Mass, but that's me) and he probably wouldn't have been doing this if he wasn't recording it...but man...cringy moment to say the least

Normally when I'm transporting a gun from one spot to another it's unloaded and in a hard or soft case because if I were to drop it, it would damage the gun. This guy was basically brandishing a weapon legally because he asked cops nicely.

Back
Top Bottom