• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guy gets shot in the forehead....lives

The details will be interesting to see when they come out, but needless to say, the "victim" should be counting his lucky stars.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140108/GJNEWS_01/140109391

From the short article:

The bullet passed through Field's wall, across the street through a closed window and two bedroom walls before hitting the 20-year-old victim in the head, police said. The victim was not identified.

“The victim did not sustain any injuries from the bullet strike and it is believed that the walls and windows that were struck caused the bullet to lose power,” Det. Sgt. Anthony Deluca said in a press release.

In deference to vipprimo and slapshot, I changed the title to make it more clear.

Last edited:
BOOM.

2ro6efb.gif

HEADSHOT.

What the article failed to mention is that a little thing called DISTANCE also greatly contributed to the bullet losing speed and therefore energy when it finally hit the "victim."

I thought bullets killed on a straight line to infinity from the barrel?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

What the article failed to mention is that a little thing called DISTANCE also greatly contributed to the bullet losing speed and therefore energy when it finally hit the "victim."

Yeah but I would say passing through 3 walls probably had a greater impact on bullet speed than the distance between the 2 houses.

I don't think it would help you get any smarter if that helps.

What frame of reference do you have to make judgements on my intelligence? No more than I have to make judgement on you. I didn't adhere to the thread naming conventions that you feel are appropriate, but regardless, it probably wouldn't have helped, since the threads were posted 1 minute apart, so the time between your search and hitting the "post new topic" button was where I so egregiously snuck my poorly titled topic in. Of course, if you'd just left it alone, instead of posting a USELESS, sniping remark, there would be none of this unpleasantness.

I guess the moral of the story is: "Don't be a dick"

Seriously? He didn't get his ass next door to see if he killed anyone? Instead, he hides the casing in a soda can and gun in a snowbank? wtf? i thought felony reckless conduct was a bit strong but damn, i'm glad this genius won't be walking the streets armed...

NES name?

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, look at the title. Explains why I couldn't find it.

Probably why there are only a few replies to what is, IMO, a pretty big deal.

I was pretty sure a thread had to be here, but i couldn't find it, so i gave up.

Back
Top Bottom